Date: Tuesday July 18, 2000 @ 5:24
Update of /cvsroot/crystal/CS/include/csparser
In directory slayer.i.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv8571/include/csparser
- Renamed cmd_Door to entity_Door in WalkTest.
- Added entity_Light and entity_Rotate entities. With entity_Light
you can control the animation for a light at activation time.
With entity_Rotate you can have an object that rotates all
the time or one that rotates at activation time.
entity_Rotate has the following syntax:
KEY ("entity_Rotate", "x,y,z")
(with x,y,z the x, y, and z angles in degrees).
These angles represent the rotation in one second.
entity_Light has the following syntax:
KEY ("entity_Light", "sector,light,r1,g1,b1,r2,g2,b2,time")
Sector and light are the name of the sector and light to find
the light that is controlled by this entity. The two given
colors are the start and end color (start is at activation time).
'time' is the time (in miliseconds) to go from start to end.
- Fixed explosion bounding box (partsys) so that it isn't updated
every frame. This makes it faster but slightly less accurate.
It is possible (but not very likely) that the partsys will
not be drawn even if it is visible.
- Added a bounding box to csPolyTreeObject. This bounding box
is used to fix a bug that when the camera is inside the bounding
box of a dynamic object, the object cannot be seen.
- Moved updating of the dynamic object to csPolyTreeBBox.
Makes the code for csSprite, csThing, and csParticleSystem simpler.
Note that visibility culling for particle systems still doesn't
work correctly at the moment. I'm investigating.
- Removed support for LIGHTX in worlds. The parser will still
recognize the keyword and say that it is obsolete.
- Removed support for SCRIPT, ACTIVATE, and TRIGGER in the world file
(keywords still recognized). The scripting system is now obsolete
and replaced with the new entity system in WalkTest.
- Added support for named lights in the world file parser.
- Completely removed support for the obsolete csscript from CS.
This is a significant change with lots of small effects at various
- 'activate' console command is now completely obsolete and
doesn't work anymore. Use 'action' instead which fires the
new entity system.
- Fixed a bug in csengine which caused the new csQuadTree3D
optimization not to work at all. Note that this optimization
still doesn't work at the moment.
- Removed an assert in map2cs to make converting some badly
formed levels easier :-)