Paul Kelly :: Blacknight Solutions said:
> The case is this. SM 1.2.11, wu-imap, Redhat 7.3 (patched beyond
> recognition :)), and a users folder with 1700 emails within it.
> Around the 1400 email mark the user reported it didn't show the
> subject lines, at this point SM barfs comepletely and gives the normal
> error when a webserver is down in IE. I've split folder in 2 now and he
> can use it away, I've also instructed him to use sub folders for each
> months email and he seems fine and happy to do that.
I have been using SquirrelMail for just short of two years now, having
used just about every release since mid-July 2001. I've used it on
several different machines, from my own at home for my personal use
(this account) to one I set up for a friend, to several I have set up
at work for production use. I've used various releases of RedHat from
7.1 to 8.0, but I am a Cyrus user, and don't touch WU. In all this
time and across these various systems, I usually have about five or
six thousand saved emails in my inbox or subfolders. The only thing
similar to what you are describing I have encountered is timeouts when
retrieving the folder content listing (I think right_main.php). The
solution was to turn on server-side threading and sorting.
If changing that setting doesn't help, or if it's already set to
server-side, I would suspect your IMAP server. Perhaps someone else
on the list knows otherwise, but that's where my experience would lead