Working on updating my docs, now that we have an official release that isn't
going to change for awhile. (I'm way behind, I'm afraid. Some of the
updates I had done between then and now, when we first talked about a new
release, are already out of date, and I have quite a bit of work ahead of me
before this is ready.)
Segments -> Split On Silence is fubared. Generates tons upon tons of extra,
empty segments on top of segments on top of segments.
Segments -> Join when used on segments spanning several tracks is fubared too.
After I had just written what it was supposed to do, I went to do it and take
a picture, and got a nasty shock.
Instead of making a segment big enough to combine everything, and pulling in
the events from all the separate segments, it just cut out whatever didn't
fit inside the small segment. Maybe because the small segment was selected
first, or maybe because it was on a lower-numbered track. Seems the latter.
I expected them to combine onto the track that I had active, not the topmost
track, and expected a new segment large enough to encompass everything. Has
this changed, or is my memory faulty?
Never got around to looking or playing it to hear whether the data was still
there. It crashed after I hit undo and then re-did the Join after having
selected the segments in a different order. (Seems to point to the join
acting on the lowest-numbered track, but that's as far as I got.)
Well, I'll just mention at this stage of the docs that these features are
currently experimental. :)
NOTE: the horizontal spacing in segment-join2.png has shifted because
segment-join1.png was doctored for artistic purposes. I didn't bother to
doctor the second one to move the stuff closer to the left, because I wanted
to show the ghost of the segment that's supposed to be there, and because I
realized immediately that I wasn't going to be using *this* screenshot in my
Michael McIntyre USDA zone 6b in SW VA, USA
Silvan <dmmcintyr@...> Linux Druid
----------[ registered Linux user #243621 ]---------