Date: Wednesday July 3, 2002 @ 15:10
Update of /cvsroot/jedit/plugins/ProjectViewer/docs
In directory usw-pr-cvs1:/tmp/cvs-serv20861/plugins/ProjectViewer/docs
Initial (and huge) commit for version 1.0.4 (maybe a higher version number?):
- Added configuration structure and configuration pane for jEdit's
preferences. Removed ProjectViewerPane.java.
- Each project now has its own configuration file. These files are
"lazy loaded" as the users chooses the projects in the viewer. The
only exception is when "All Projects" is selected, then the plugin
loads all projects. ld configurations are automatically converted.
- Deprecated the use of "import.properties". The options are now part of
the common configuration, and editable in the preferences. The old config
is detected, and defaults are imported from "import-sample.properties".
- It is now possible to choose to remember the opened files in each project
when changing to another one. Files are automatically re-opened when the
project is chosen later. It's also possible to choose not to close the
files when changing to another project.
- The last opened project is remembered the next time jEdit loads.
- Multiple selections in the tree are allowed when in single project view.
In all projects view, only single selections are allowed.
- The remove button in the toolbar now handles multiple selections (by means
of the "RemovalManager" class). The "Delete project" functionality has been
moved to this button as a result, and we have one less button in the toolbar.
- Context menus: there are context menus in the tree view, one for each of:
project, file, directory or multiple selection. Not all functionality is
implemented yet; notably, removal of nodes work (also uses RemovalManager),
and changing the project's properties. Renaming still is in development.
- New dialog to create project and to change its properties. More
"user friendly" than the old approach.
- User can choose not to delete non-existant files from the project when it
is loaded. Useful when projects are in remote locations that have not yet
- User can choose to save the project when any change is made to it, like
adding/removing files. (Need to check this, the config option exists but
I don't think it's being used anywhere, yet.)
- Added "Save project(s)" button to the toolbar (depends on the view mode:
saves current or all projects).
- Lots of small changes in the code, too numerous to list.