* A general row limit on the number of objects georaptor tries to render has been added.
- For example, if query returns 10,000 features within a view's map extent, setting a limit of 5,000 will mean rendering
will stop after those features have been displayed with the query then terminated.
- Accessible via Tools>Preferences>GeoRaptor>Miscellaneous>Search/Display/Query Limit (feats). (John O'Toole)
* Query Layer enhancements (Simon Greener)
- Ability to change buffer size in new Layer Properties Query Tab;
- Ability to change secondary filter type in Layer Properties Query Tab (after layer initial creation);
- Visualise (turn on/off) original query geometry in map display (saved with layer definition between SQL Developer sessions)
* Ability to mark each vector/vertex-to-vertex line segment of a linestring with its ID (Simon Greener)
* Ability to copy current View MBR to clipboard as SDO_GEOMETRY(2003,....SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1,1003,2),..... (Simon Greener)
- Activated by Right mouse click on specific view node in map layer tree;
* Ability to change connection of existing map layer (table/column must be exactly same in new connection as old) to compare development vs test vs production data. (John O'Toole)
* Selected layer definitions can be imported/exported as XML independently of SQL Developer session save/load; (John O'Toole)
* A view and all its layers definitions can now be imported/exported as XML; (John O'Toole)
- When save a map view and its dependent layer definitions only selected layers will be exported)
* The number of features drawn in a map on refresh is now able to be visualized via a prefix dynamically added to layer name in map; (Simon Greener)
- Note: Counts number of features drawn in current map extent;
- Right mouse click menu at the top of the map view tree turns feature count display on/off
- Also is Tools>Preferences>GeoRaptor>Spatial View>Display Layer's Feature Count.
* Scale dependent labelling of label text. (John O'Toole)
- Simple loscale/hiscale input ranges added to each layer's properties to provide basic scale dependent display of a layer's label (attribute);
* Marking of the circular arc points in a compound object now supported. (Simon Greener)
* Import Shapefile menu on table node of a connection (cf View>GeoRaptor>Import shapefile). (Simon Greener)
* New column menus on Views and Materialized Views. (Simon Greener)
* Right mouse click on table/MV/view node that contains > one SDO_GEOMETRY column now presents column selection menu, no longer selecting first. (Simon Greener)
* New preference to control how a database column name is truncated to 10 characters when exporting to a shapefile (request by Matthias Edelhof).
- Controls shortening of Oracle column names to DBase field names
eg Beginning: OBK__FLACHEN__BIOTOPTYP_ => OBK__FLACH (10)
End: OBK__FLACHEN__BIOTOPTYP_ => BIOTOPTYP_ (10)
* User can request conversion from SDO_GEOMETRY to JGeometry to be done via fast pickler (Java) processing; (John O'Toole)
* Map Scale in map status bar can now be switched on/off (Simon Greener)
* Feature count display: Tools>Preferences>GeoRaptor>Spatial View>Display Layer's Feature Count.
* Tools>Preferences>GeoRaptor>Miscellaneous>Search/Display/Query Limit (feats) controls row limit on the number of objects georaptor tries to render.
Improvements and Changes
* Improved error handling and error messages in a number of areas. (Simon Greener)
* Improved handling of mixed case table/column names in queries. (Bill Sappington)
* SQL improved for when extracting primary keys and columns
* Improved statistics produced at the end of a query/spatial layer SQL execution and draw. (Simon Greener)
* SQL logging extended to majority of queries executed by GeoRaptor (Simon Greener)
- The Preferences>GeoRaptor>Miscellaneous>log Search Statistics has been renamed to log SQL.
- All sql is logged including any parameters.
* Default colour for a new point layer is now dynamic/random. (Simon Greener)
* Spatial index failure now drops failed index automatically. (Simon Greener)
* Adding layer to view now correctly refreshes the view to display the layer. (Simon Greener)
NOTE: All non-point layers are added with pixel filtering on as a default.
It is important to realise this because if the layer's MBR is very large relative to the size of the features no features may be displayed confusing the user.
This can be turned off by accessing the following preference.
Tools>Preferences>GeoRaptor>Spatial View>SDO_FILTER pixel filtering (not points)
Future releases of GeoRaptor will start with a default of false (ie no pixel filtering is applied).
* Zooming in/out now operates correctly and smoothly. (Simon Greener)
* Incorrect application of polygon transparency to line drawing corrected. Lines always draw as solid lines. (Sandro Costa.)
* Spatial index creation error display fixed. (Simon Greener)
* Change to visual representation of SDO_GEOMETRY synchronisation corrected. (Simon Greener)
* Preferences not loaded on SQL Developer startup corrected. (Simon Greener)
* Revamp of database connection handling to try and address issues of connections being lost. (Not fully corrected.)
* Check view measurement units vs actual create shape (linear vs area in Map View) (Simon Greener)
As usual, I make a general appear to GeoRaptor users to get behind the project.
We know something about the number of downloads of GeoRaptor but we don't know whether anyone who downloaded GeoRaptor is actually using it!
In order for us to plan GeoRaptor's functionality and future we need to know more about our user base.
Are you using it?
Do you like it?
As such please consider registering your email address with our read-only registration email list (https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/georaptor-register). You will not be contacted via this list except for strictly official GeoRaptor purposes. Your email address will not be shared with anyone else.
Please report any bugs (http://sourceforge.net/p/georaptor/bugs) you find or suggest improvements (http://sourceforge.net/p/georaptor/feature-requests/).
In addition, please consider joining one of the following discussion email lists or forums:
* News Email List; https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/georaptor-news
* Help Email List; https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/georaptor-help
* Open Discussion Forum; http://sourceforge.net/p/georaptor/discussion/532803
* Help Discussion Forum. http://sourceforge.net/p/georaptor/discussion/532804
Developed by Simon Greener with contributions from: Holger Laebe, Minnaar and Olaf Iseeger.
GeoRaptor development takes unpaid volunteer time.
Consider helping by:
* Making a donation https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?item_name=Donation+to+Spatial+Viewer+for+Oracle+SQL+Developer&cmd=_donations&business=
* Becoming a developer, documenter, translator or tester
GeoRaptor uses components from the following open source projects:
* Java Topology Suite
Holder of "2011 Oracle Spatial Excellence Award for Education and Research."
SpatialDB Advice and Design, Solutions Architecture and Programming,
Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Associate; Oracle Database 10g SQL Certified Professional
Oracle Spatial, SQL Server, PostGIS, MySQL, ArcSDE, Manifold GIS, FME, Radius Topology and Studio Specialist.
39 Cliff View Drive, Allens Rivulet, 7150, Tasmania, Australia.
Voice: +61 362 396397
Mobile: +61 418 396391
Longitude: 147.20515 (147° 12' 18" E)
Latitude: -43.01530 (43° 00' 55" S)