PuTTY for Symbian OS 1.3 beta 4 has just been released. The
original intention was to keep beta 3 as the final beta release
before 1.3.0, but the new connection establishment code turned
out to be too buggy on Series 60 1.2, and this release has been
done to beta-test the fix. The release contains a number of
other fixes too, detailed list is below.
Changes since 1.3 beta 3:
- Fixed 895972: Connection establishment doesn't work well on S60 1.2
- Fixed a problem in the storage implementation where host key store
failed if a stale host key file was present on another drive. This
could happen if PuTTY had previously been installed on a memory
card, uninstalled, and then installed in phone memory.
- Made the application exit more cleanly in error conditions
- Fixed 870785: Show a better error message when TCP connection fails
(Made error codes more descriptive, the rest is a documentation issue)
- Updated to PuTTY core version 0.54
- Updated the font file, the new version should make Opera behave better
if it accidentally uses the PuTTY font
- Added in code to initialize the random number generator at first
startup. This was accidentally missing from the Series 60 version.
Recording UI cleanup.