On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 3:52 AM, Michal Ludvig <michal@...> wrote:
>>> WARNING: Upload failed: /srv/archive/archive/git/cl-aoc-chat/packet.lisp ()
>>> WARNING: Waiting 3 sec...
> Is this reproducible?
The behaviour was consistent, yes, tried several times over several
days. The failing command originated from a backup-script of mine.
When I alternated between 0.9.8.4 and 0.9.9pre5, the former would
always complete (albeit with the UTF-8 problems), and 0.9.9pre5 would
I played around a bit with 0.9.9pre5. First I deleted the
configuration, ran "s3cmd --configure", created a new bucket, and
played around with "simple" command on it. Everything works.
I'm currently running a sync into that bucket. I'm a few hundred
files in, and so far there haven't been any hickups. (Except for some
unrelated, unexpected behaviour, I'll get back to that.) No files
with UTF-8 in the filenames have been synced yet, though.
I will follow up later if I run into the same problem with this new setup.
> It looks like a temporary connection problems to
> me. If it is reproducible can you run s3cmd with --debug and send me the
I've changed a lot of things now, but I'll try to recreate the state
where this happened. If I can, I will report in a new mail.
> Are you using GPG (--encrypt) by the way?
This was with they "sync" command, so, no.
>> This has nothing to do with UTF-8, I guess. I'm not sure if something
>> changed in the config file or the syntax of the command, but I'm not
>> getting any warnings about it.
> Nope, there shouldn't be anything like that. The only important entries
> in ~/.s3cmd are the access key and secret key and eventually GPG
> encryption key. The rest can be removed and defaults will be used.
This seems to be correct, Using 0.9.9pre5, I have alternated between
my old .s3cfg, and the fresh one created with "s3cmd --configure"
without any related change in behaviour.
Two unrelated things: unexpted behaviour of the "del" command in both
versions, and a change in semands of the arguments to the "sync
When I run the "del" command on a url that has children, it says
"object deleted", but there is no visible change (ie, the directory
object still exists, with all it's children.)
I expected either the entire directory to be gone, or getting an error
informing that all child-objects have to be deleted first. (I'm now
aware that "del --recursive" does what I want, but the behaviour of a
bare "del" is still confusing.)
Next, When I do "s3cmd sync /dir1/dir2 s3://bucket/dir1/dir2",
0.9.8.4, the resulting
structur is "s3://bucket/dir1/dir2/" With the 0.9.9pre5, the
resulting structure is "s3://bucket/dir1/dir2/". When I change to
"s3cmd sync /dir1/dir2
s3://bucket/dir1" using 0.9.9pre5 I get the "old" behaviour.