I have my new and shiny netstix CF-400, and I have successfully
generated my rootfs.arm_nofpu.jffs2 file. I've been all over the
wiki, and I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly I need to
do to boot my new image from the CF drive.
Like some of the other postings I've seen, I don't have a tweener
board, and so I have to manage the uboot process from linux.
IMHO, the wiki is confusing in this regard.
If someone can step me through the process of getting my buildroot
filesystem installed and booting from CF, then I will document the
process on the wiki.
I consider myself a good test case:
* basic linux experience
* good developer experience in Java
* I have a Netstix 400-CF, which is currently an appealing option
on the gumstix website
* I was able to follow the instructions to get the
gumstix-buildroot process to make without errors.
* I can SSH onto the netstix, and I have successfully mounted the
CF card, so that seems to be working.
* My Netstix is running the default 1161 release
* I don't have a tweener board, and so I can't follow the (perhaps
outdated, or not required for my configuration) instructions for using
Thanks in advance. I look forward to creating some interesting
applications on this fun and unique platform.