This patch fixes the repetition of the NET symbol. It was once in UML
specific options and once in networking. I removed the first
occurrence, as it makes more sense to me to keep it only in
Compile and run tested.
Signed-off-by: Karol Swietlicki <magotari@...>
diff -rupN linux-2.6.24-rc3-mm2.orig/arch/um/Kconfig
--- linux-2.6.24-rc3-mm2.orig/arch/um/Kconfig 2007-12-03
+++ linux-2.6.24-rc3-mm2/arch/um/Kconfig 2007-12-03 22:46:08.000000000 +0100
@@ -95,23 +95,6 @@ config LD_SCRIPT_DYN
depends on !LD_SCRIPT_STATIC
- bool "Networking support"
- Unless you really know what you are doing, you should say Y here.
- The reason is that some programs need kernel networking support even
- when running on a stand-alone machine that isn't connected to any
- other computer. If you are upgrading from an older kernel, you
- should consider updating your networking tools too because changes
- in the kernel and the tools often go hand in hand. The tools are
- contained in the package net-tools, the location and version number
- of which are given in <file:Documentation/Changes>.
- For a general introduction to Linux networking, it is highly
- recommended to read the NET-HOWTO, available from