On Nov 27, 2007 3:11 PM, Michael Hieke <mghie@...> wrote:
> > Works without a problem for me, both for the employee database and
> > one of my own, both in debug and release configurations. The
> > backtrace doesn't make any sense to me, either.
> I built and run SVN rev 1572 on my Ubuntu laptop (wxWidgets 2.8.6 debug
> Unicode build), and I can't get it to crash there either.
Tried with Firebird 1.5?
Anyway, RDB$ROLES doesn't have RDB$DESCRIPTION field in FB <2.0. The
code in MetadataItem::loadDescription does have a try..catch safeguard
against this, but it seems that something bad happens with the
MetadataLoaderTransaction object after that exception is thrown and at
later stage (when all loading is done) FR either crashes or goes into
endless loop. Backtraces are really weird, here are some:
#0 ibpp_internals::StatementImpl::DetachTransactionImpl (this=0x88b3fb0)
#1 0x0862f9a5 in ~TransactionImpl (this=0x88b3b48) at stl_vector.h:574
#2 0x0862e46d in ibpp_internals::TransactionImpl::Release (this=0x88b3b60)
#3 0x081c0eb3 in MetadataLoader::transactionCommit (this=0x88570f8)
#4 0x08285e4c in MetadataItemPropertiesFrame::loadPage (this=0x88508d8)
#5 0x0828eca2 in MetadataItemPropertiesFrame::OnIdle (this=0x88508d8)
#0 ~TransactionImpl (this=0x88b3ec8) at stl_iterator.h:593
#1 0x0862e33d in ibpp_internals::TransactionImpl::Release (this=0x88b3ee0)
#2 0x081c0e73 in MetadataLoader::transactionCommit (this=0x8847a08)
#3 0x08285d3d in MetadataItemPropertiesFrame::loadPage (this=0x887ee80)
#4 0x0828eb72 in MetadataItemPropertiesFrame::OnIdle (this=0x887ee80)
I tried doing some changes in the code, but failed. Care to try with
P.S. If it makes any difference, my compiler is GCC 3.3.6.