> Adrian, may i have the source code and the step in
> using ADO with MinGW via activex?
> Steven Chew
I'm sorry, but I haven't decided to release the source code to the
public (at least not yet). However, I can assist you to write your own
implementation. I advise you to start with msdn and google and study
those functions thoroughly. I think you can find good sample code too.
Here's a simplified overview of the process:
- first, initialize OLE using OleInitialize
- start with the progid (e.g. ADODB.Connection)
- get the classid with CLSIDFromProgID
- create an object with CoCreateInstance
- use QueryInterface to get its IDispatch interface
- for each function/property you want to use, get its dispatch id with
GetIDsOfNames, and use it with Invoke (you will need to set up a
DISPPARAMS structure for the parameters, and work with VARIANTs)
- at the end of the program, call OleUninitialize
If you do the things this way, then you can use activex objects like in
VB, VBScript and JScript. Actually I am pretty sure they do exactly
these things inside.
If you come across problems, I can help you.