I am happy to announce that Gpredict 1.0 beta 2 has been released.
This release includes fixes for several bugs identified in beta 1 and
introduces an improved radio controller algorithm, which now also
supports uplink using either one or two separate radios. The
controller is likely to change again for the next release, so any
good/bad feedback would be highly appreciated. You can use the
gpredict-discussion@..., the SourceForge trackers
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=213550 or the Gpredict forums
Full list of changes:
- Improved implementation of the radio controller to include uplink.
- Added transponder data management (GUI editor to be added in beta 3).
- Libcurl is now required to build.
- Feature request 2756021: Doppler tuning using two radios (duplex).
- Feature request 2691963: Doppler tuning on uplink (Simplex TRX).
- Feature request 2192404: Starting time for pass predictions.
- Feature request 2347471: Use system goocanvas (requires 0.9 or later).
- Feature request 2130940: Transponder info in gpredict.
- Fixed a bug that could cause gpredict to hang during pass predictions.
- Fixed bug 2139102: rigctld port.
- Fixed bug 2130912: Crash when no rig or no rotator are defined.
- Fixed bug 2130914: Gpredict doesn't handle PTT.
- Fixed bug 2170642: Small error in user manual.
- Fixed bug 2750119: Unable to set the time correctly in Time Controller.
- Updated PDF user manual.
- French translation.
You can download this new release from the Gpredict project page
Give it a try and send us your feedback!