Since uncrustify specifically supports D and Java, I decided to try out
uncrustify on our Java and D source files (by adding the appropriate file
wildcards to the scripts/style_source.sh script). I spot-checked the
results, and I didn't notice anything strange. Furthermore, "make
test_diff_psc" results were the same. Accordingly, I have checked in these
changes (as of revision 10707), and I encourage others to review them (and
our C and C++ files as well) from the style point of view.
I am pleased about how well uncrustify and its automatic application to all
our C, C++, D, and Java source files via scripts/style_source.sh has served
our styling needs for those languages. However, that is the complete set of
languages where uncrustify can help us so for other languages we will need
to investigate other configurable styling tools.
Alan W. Irwin
Astronomical research affiliation with Department of Physics and Astronomy,
University of Victoria (astrowww.phys.uvic.ca).
Programming affiliations with the FreeEOS equation-of-state implementation
for stellar interiors (freeeos.sf.net); PLplot scientific plotting software
package (plplot.org); the libLASi project (unifont.org/lasi); the Loads of
Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project