On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Graham Seaman wrote:
> Brilliant... that answers all my problems so far. If you want some more
> tests you could try:
Ooops - too quick off the mark. No, I wouldn't try this on the new code
for a while - it breaks all over the place now. I'll be a little while
fixing it :-(
By the way, Wolfgang - the zip file you attached gives me a compile error:
the Collection classes define removeCollection() as returning void, but
RpcAPI and RpcServer.java have removeCollection returning boolean. I
changed that to void and removed the return values, so now it compiles,
but removeCollection now throws:
RPC error code: 0 java.lang.RuntimeException: null value not supported by
I'm guessing this is probably because I'm mixing versions (I had 0.8 from
the distribution, not cvs, and applied the patch files to that). If I
download the whole thing from cvs which is the version to take (0.8,
current, eXist-devl, or devel)? Or should I wait while you repair the cvs
> which is still in a pre-release state, but should pass tests on exist
> (I'll have to add createId now!). (I wouldn't do 'make install' on it,
> but make followed by ./test.pl should give you the exist tests. Including
> XUpdate for exist (the slow way - fetches the files over XML-RPC, runs the
> update, and writes it back... ;-)
> The name will change in future - I've been asked to rename it - and
> it's fairly unstable at the moment (in particular, error handling is
> wrong, and I haven't started testing with UTF8 yet).
> Thanks for all the fixes!
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Wolfgang Meier wrote:
> > I cleaned up the XMLRPC interface and fixed some of the reported bugs:
> > 1. The query() and executeQuery() methods do now accept the XPath query in
> > base64 format to preserve the character encoding. This is optional and you
> > may still pass it as a string. This does also apply to the parse() method,
> > which will optionally accept the XML document source in base64.
> > 2. Added a createId() method which returns a random document identifier.
> > 3. Fixed some bugs in the query/retrieve methods.
> > I have tested everything with Perl (using the RPC::XML and XMLRPC::Lite
> > modules). The RPC::XML module has a small bug in the base64 value class (see
> > my last mail to this list). In class RPC::XML::base64 I changed the call to
> > MIME::Base64::encode_base64($$self) into
> > MIME::Base64::encode_base64($$self, '')
> > Another thing: The RPC::XML module adds a 0-byte to the end of the base64
> > encoded string which makes the XML-parser report an error. I have fixed this
> > in the Java code to remove the 0-byte, but I still do not understand why the
> > final 0 is added.
> > You will find the most recent code in the CVS repository (module eXist-0.8). I
> > have also attached the src/org/exist/xmlrpc and xmldb sources as a zip-file.
> > Please have a look at src/org/exist/xmlrpc/RpcAPI.java.
> > Unfortunately the CVS repository got corrupted during my last major update and
> > I had to re-checkin most of my files (I'm still new to CVS ;-).
> Sponsored by:
> ThinkGeek at http://www.ThinkGeek.com/
> Exist-open mailing list