> Would any of you like to meet together for a few days?
> Doing design over email can get to be a pain. We could
> probably save weeks/months of work if we could set aside
> a few days and meet together face to face.
I think a meeting is a great idea. I agree that it would make our
design process much more efficienct. However, I think that in person
is a not a very realistic goal, although a cool idea.
Also, I think phone is a bad idea because we need more time then we
want to sit with a phone to our ears.
I think we should do some kind of chat, whether ICQ, IRC, or
whatever. I think the benefits are that:
1. more people would be able to participate
2. we'd be able sit and stare at what the others were saying for
awhile, letting things soak in better so we could ponder them more
3. we'd be able to talk for much longer and more often
4. there could be a log which we could review later to further
develop our ideas, etc
Furthermore, I think that with chat, we could setup more then one
meeting as our development requires.
About the meeting in general, whoever is in charge needs to come with
an agenda for each meeting and the meetings in general. There are a
lot of things that we need to get talked over and hashed out for the
development of SM 2. First, this is too much to handle in one
meeting. Second, if we focus in on a smaller number of topics for a
meeting, we will do a more effective job dealing with them.
Let me put my thoughts about the meeting(s) this way:
1. An Agenda is required for each meeting (for the reasons above)
2. Each meeting should have a moderator (not always needing to be the
same person) who can help us stay on topic and who knows what we are
supposed to be talking about
3. "Final Decisions" should not be made quite directly in these
meetings the first time they are discussed. All big topics should
soak for a couple of days so we don't miss something important.
I think that's pretty much it for my thoughts. Let me know what you
Paul Joseph Thompson
Oklahoma State University