Hi Mac Users,
I've just posted a snapshot of the latest version of Audacity for
Mac OS 9, which I'm calling "1.0 release candidate 1".
Most importantly, I'd like to make sure that this fixes the
prefs dialog problem that many people reported. If you're
interested in testing it, I'd like to hear your feedback.
(If you're not interested, don't reply and I won't bug you
Besides fixing the preferences dialog problem, this version
does include a number of other new features and bug fixes,
some of which are listed below. I'm sorry that we didn't
get around to all of the features that were requested,
but many of these will appear in version 1.1, which we're
working on concurrently. The primary goal for version
1.0 was stability.
Also, let me know if you're interested in playing with
the OS X version, too. I'll be posting a release
candidate of that version soon.
Changes in 1.0:
* Mac OS:
- Fixed bug which caused Preferences dialog not to
appear on Mac OS 9 with the ATM control panel
- Audacity no longer quits when you close the last
window. The menu bar remains and you can open a
- Fixed bug which prevented recording low sample rates
on Mac OS 9
- Recognizes MP3 files by both file extension and type code
(lets you open MP3 files via web links; this was
broken before if the resulting file didn't end
* New features:
- "Save Changes" dialog added to all platforms
- New keyboard shortcuts and commands (try the arrow keys!)
- Label tracks can now be used to mark selection regions.
Adding labels uses a new command in the menu
- Miscellaneous bug fixes