I messed around with UML a bit right now and I made the following changes
in my source tree:
1. I removed the pauses after "execlp of xterm failed"...that way I can
it automatically via system startup scripts.
2. I changed HZ to 100 instead of 20, perliminary testing shows it brought a
performance improvement (this was discussed a bit on IRC in
(Note to Jeff: I think I figured out why it was stalling on startup after
change, so everything seems to work fine with HZ=100 now). This change
removed the annoying warning some Linux utilities generated.
3. I was able to get UML to run when I compiled it with pgcc and -O9. This
brought an additional performance improvement.
If anyone's interested I'll clean up my changes a bit and submit a patch.
Sysadmin, Ultraspeed UK (http://www.ultraspeed.co.uk/)
Personal Home Page (http://msalem.translator.cx/)