Version 2.92 was just uploaded to:
- Sean Walker sent in code/public/vocp_sean.pl for integrating with linux
vocp voicemail ( http://vocp.sourceforge.net/ ).
- Lincoln Foreman created code/public/x10_video_security2.pl as another
example of interfacing with X10 cameras.
- Krik Bauer created lib/Tivo_Control.pm for displaying text on a Tivo. See
header for details.
- Norm Dressler created code/common/mr26_vdr.pl to send remote control
commands to VDR (Video Disk Recorder) ( http://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/ ) from an
X10 RF remote, via a MR26 interface.
- Created lib/Display_Alpha.pm and code/common/display_alpha.pl for sending
text to an Alpha LED signs using a serial port. I picked up the Alpha 213C
(a.k.a. BetaBrite, 2`` x 24'', 14 character) from the local Sam's Club for
$150. Their web site only lists a bigger version, but info on BetaBrite I
have can be seen here: http://www.betabrite.com/Pages/betabrite.htm . It
displays in multiple colors, in either scrolling or fixed text. See
Display_Alpha.pm header for details.
- Created code/common/games_bingo.pl for playing the game of Bingo by
speaking and displaying a randomized set of bingo numbers at a timed
- Added a xAP interface option to lib/IR_Item.pm. This allows us to send and
receive IR data with the USB RedRat3 ($99 from http://www.redrat.co.uk/ ),
using the new windows xAP RedRat Connector (
- Created code/common/robot_robosapien.pl for using IR to control the
RoboSapien Robot: http://www.robosapienonline.com (got mine for $100 at Best
Buy). It doesn't do anything practical, but it is a fun toy. I've also sent
the 70+ IR codes to the online Redrat3 database.
- Larry Roudebush created a program that will sync a palm datebook with
misterhouse calendar file. Available at ftp://188.8.131.52 with a user name
and password of: mhusers/mhusers.
Bug Fixes and Other Changes:
- David Norwood sent in mh/code/public/ocelot_*.pl as examples of using
Ocelot infrared, digital input, and digital output.
- Dave Hall updated code/public/robot_er1.pl to fixed bugs, made few things
easier/automatic, and added digital and analog input and an angle routine.
- Joel Davidson updated lib/Omnistat.pm and code/public/omnistat.pl to work
with an HAI RC-80 thermostat.
- Lee Varga added mh.ini parms photo_no_title and photo_no_clock for turning
off title and clock on the web photo page.
- Fixed a bug when receiving xAP/xPL data with a blank value.
- Added a set_now method to Generic_Item (available to most mh objects).
Unlike set, which makes the state change on the next pass, set_now changes
the state when called. Used in setting incoming states on xAP and xPL
objects, so the various other data fields are in sync with the state field.
- Updated lib/Timer.pm to have the active/inactive methods immediately
reflect that a timer has been set, rather than waiting for the start of the
- Jukka Br updated lib/site/hardware/iButton/Connection.pm to set some port
timings to improve iButton reliablity. Since this broke things for some
people, this is only enabled with parm ibutton_tweak=2.
- Norm Dressler noticed the 'duplicate key' check in lib/X10_MR26.pm was set
to high at 1.5 seconds. Added a mh.ini MR26_multireceive_delay, defaulting
it to 400 (.4 seconds).
- Fixed a windows bug when you have duplicate file names with different
cases (e.g. xAP_weather -vs- xap_weather).
- Added the xAP/xPL module as part of bin/mh, rather than user code. If you
don't want the xAP/xPL ports open, use mh.ini parm xap_disable = 1 .
- Added a device option to the display function, so we can send display data
to specific displays. If used, a user definable display_devicename function
will be called (e.g. display ``device=alpha hi'' will call &display_alpha).
- Enabled display_app parm, like we had for speak_app, so we can control
display parms in common code. For example, I can display bingo numbers to
our nice big Alpha LED with this parm: display_apps = bingo => device=alpha
- Added mh/bin/mhc and mhc.bat, the scripts I use to created the compiled
mhe binaries on linux and windows with the Par compiler.