The annotated tag "sbcl-1.0.55" has been created in SBCL:
at 9c6adcb923c51977178d3af2da61ba14686af5f7 (tag)
tagging abb03f939ada55bdc1856df5cc48815fd0dff69d (commit)
tagged by Juho Snellman
on Mon Jan 9 03:08:08 2012 +0100
- Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
changes in sbcl-1.0.55 relative to sbcl-1.0.54:
* enhancements to building SBCL using make.sh:
** --fancy can be specified to enable all supported feature enhancements.
** --with-<feature> and --without-<feature> can be used to specify
which features to build with.
** --arch option can be used to specify the architecture to build for.
(Mainly useful for building 32-bit SBCL's on x86-64 hosts, not
* enhancement: extended package prefix syntax <pkgname>::<form-in-package>
which allows specifying name of the default interning package for the
* enhancement: when *READ-EVAL* is true, arrays with element type other than
T can be printed readably using #.-based syntax. (Thanks to Robert Brown)
* enhancement: MAKE-ALIEN signals a storage-condition instead of returning a
null alien when malloc() fails. (lp#891268)
* enhancement: SB-EXT:PRINT-UNREADABLY restart for PRINT-NOT-READABLE
conditions can be conveniently accessed through function with the same
name, analogously to CONTINUE.
* enhancement: SB-EXT:*SUPPRESS-PRINT-ERRORS* can be used to suppress errors
from the printer by type, causing an error marker to be printed instead.
(Thanks to Attila Lendvai)
* enhancement: BACKTRACE and DESCRIBE now bind *PRINT-CIRCLE* to T, and
generally behave better when errors occur during printing.
* enhancement: the test runner now takes a --report-skipped-tests argument
to report the individual tests skipped as well as the number of skipped
* enhancement: undefined functions now appear in backtraces as ("undefined
function") instead of ("bogus stack frame") on x86oids.
* enhancement: detected deadlocks no longer cause stderr to be spammed, and
deadlock errors are reported in an easier-to-decipher manner.
* enhancement: DESCRIBE on type designators reports the expansion in more
* enhancement: SBCL now provides either an explicit :BIG-ENDIAN or
:LITTLE-ENDIAN in *FEATURES*, instead of :BIG-ENDIAN being implied by lack
of the :LITTLE-ENDIAN feature. (Thanks to LuÃs Oliveira, lp#901661)
* enhancement: better disassembly of segment-prefixes on x86 and other
instruction prefixes (e.g. LOCK) on x86 and x86-64.
* optimization: FIND and POSITION on bit-vectors are orders of magnitude
faster (assuming KEY and TEST are not used, or are sufficiently trivial.)
* optimization: SUBSEQ on vectors of unknown element type is substantially
* optimization: specialized arrays with non-zero :INITIAL-ELEMENT can
be stack-allocated. (lp#902351)
* optimization: the compiler is smarter about representation selection for
floating point constants used in full calls.
* optimization: the compiler no longer refuses to coerce large fixnums to
single floats inline, except on x86 where this limitation is still
* bug fix: deadlock detection could report the same deadlock twice, for
two different threads. Now a single deadlock is reported exactly once.
* bug fix: interval-arithmetic division during type derivation did not
account for signed zeros.
* bug fix: compiler error when typechecking a call to a function with
non-constant keyword arguments.
* bug fix: misoptimization of TRUNCATE causing erratic behaviour.
* bug fix: condition slot accessors no longer cause undefined function
style-warnings when used in the :REPORT clause of the DEFINE-CONDITION
form that defines them. (lp#896379)
* bug fix: DEFGENERIC warns about unsupported declarations, as specified
by ANSI. (lp#894202)
* bug fix: SUBTYPEP tests involving forward-referenced classes no longer
bogusly report NIL, T.
* bug fix: bogus style-warnings for DEFMETHOD forms that both declared some
required arguments ignored and performed assignments to others.
* bug fix: *EVALUATOR-MODE* :COMPILE treated (LET () ...) identically
to (LOCALLY ...) leading to internally inconsistent toplevel-formness.
* bug fix: non-toplevel DEFSTRUCT signaled a style warning for unknown type.
* bug fix: redefining a function whose previous definition contained an
unknown type no longer causes a style-warning. (lp#806243)
* bug fix: undefined functions now appear in backtraces as ("undefined
function") instead of ("bogus stack frame") on non-x86oids.
* bug fix: backtraces are no longer cut off at ("undefined function") when
called under certain circumstances (involving a caller-allocated stack
frame) on PPC.
* bug fix: RUN-PROGRAM leaked a file-descriptor per call on non-Windows
systems. (regression since 1.0.53)
* bug fix: GC deadlocks from dladdr() on certain platforms.
* bug fix: broken standard streams no longer automatically cause recursive
errors on debugger entry.
* bug fix: build ignored --dynamic-space-size=<size> argument to make.sh
(regression since 1.0.53)
* bug fix: attempts to stack allocate a required argument to a function with
an external entry point caused compiler-errors.
* bug fix: compiler notes for failed stack allocation for a function argument
no longer claim to be unable to stack allocate the function.
* bug fix: COERCE now signals a type-error on several coercions to
subtypes of CHARACTER that are forbidden according to ANSI. (lp#841312)
* bug fix: missing failure-to-stack-allocate compiler notes for some
forms of MAKE-ARRAY with dynamic-extent. (lp#902351)
* bug fix: some of the compile-time side-effects of DEFCLASS were not caught
by package locks.
Alastair Bridgewater (15):
Fail early when building with known-incompatible features.
tests: Add --report-skipped-tests option to the test runner.
tests: fix :skipped-on clause for weak hash-table tests.
Improved undefined-function backtrace on x86oids.
Improved undefined-function backtrace on non-x86oids.
Improved undefined-function backtrace on PPC.
Add src/runtime/TAGS to .gitignore.
Add :CHENEYGC feature to non-GENCGC targets.
Fix build on CHENEYGC targets.
Add tools-for-build/determine-endianness to .gitignore.
Fix build on non-GENCGC targets.
DX structs with raw slots only allowed on conservative gencgc.
tests: Raw instances shouldn't stack-allocate on most targets.
Move control-stack scavenging to gc-common.c.
Fix control stack scavenging for dynamic-extent allocation.
Attila Lendvai (1):
add SB-EXT:*SUPPRESS-PRINT-ERRORS* modelled after *BREAK-ON-SIGNALS*
Jim Wise (2):
(NO-CONSING SPECIALIZED-DX-VECTORS) fails on sunos/x86. Mark this.
Joshua Elsasser (1):
Fix clisp-hosted build.
Juho Snellman (2):
Mark :no-consing :specialized-dx-vectors as failing on x86.
1.0.55: will be tagged as "sbcl-1.0.55"
Luis Oliveira (1):
explicit :BIG-ENDIAN feature
Lutz Euler (7):
Silence two style warnings from the test harness.
Make COERCE on characters more standard-conforming.
Make the disassembler understand instruction prefixes.
Make some disassembler parameters effectual.
Corrections to disassembly of SHLD, SHRD and LEA on x86[-64].
Improve handling of x86[-64] prefix instructions in the disassembler.
x86: Better disassembly of segment-prefixes.
Manfred Gahr (1):
fix make.sh --dynamic-space-size option handling
Nikodemus Siivola (74):
make make.sh run clean.sh
add --arch option to make.sh
add --with-<feature> and --without-<feature> support to make.sh
add --fancy option to make.sh
build runtime/TAGS by default
more robust deadlock detection
oops. actually stop when seeing --with-foo and customize-target-features.lisp
fix treatment of signed zeroes in INTERVAL-DIV
fix bug in typechecking calls with non-constant keywords
fix misoptimization of TRUNCATE
improve the SB-EXT:GC docstring(s)
change an AVER to CERROR 'bug
no need for BOOT-MAKE-WRAPPER on target
use boxed constants for full calls
fix style-warnings for condition slot-accessors used in :REPORT
stricter handling of declarations in DEFGENERIC
more conservative subtypep test for classoids
less rebindings in defmethods
don't simplify (LET () ..) => (LOCALLY ...) in the simple evalutor
silent non-toplevel DEFSTRUCT
define SB-EXT:PRINT-UNREADABLY as a function
muffle style-warnings for INFO :FUNCTION :TYPE
use *SUPPRESS-PRINT-ERRORS* for backtraces and DESCRIBE
add support for package::form-read-in-package syntax
allow coercion of large fixnums to floats outside x86
adjust the new MALLOC-FAILURE test for 32-bit builds
semaphores in the runtime
enable previously-broken thread tests on Darwin
fix unthreaded non-x86oid builds
fix threaded PPC build, refactor new semaphore code
fix doubled unboxed constants when there is no immediate representation
don't stack-allocate specialized vectors on non-conservtive control stacks
fix ONLY-ONE-BOXED-CONSTANT-FOR-MULTIPLE-USES test
avoid recursive errors from broken standard streams on debugger entry
darwin: dladdr can deadlock the GC
better deadlock reporting
gencgc: bogus memory fault handling
run-program leaked a pipe per call
missing NEWS for the last few commits
use COMPONENT-TOPLEVELISH-P in CHECK-CONSISTENCY
robustify ONLY-ONE-BOXED-CONSTANT-FOR-MULTIPLE-USES test
fix tyop in ONLY-ONE-BOXED-CONSTANT-FOR-MULTIPLE-USES that broke it
make TRIVIAL-LAMBDA-VAR-REF-P false for XEPs
better "cannot stack allocate" compiler notes
make DEFINE-FOP use &BODY instead of &REST
refactor symbol interning FOPs
test for bug 308941
test for bug 308926
easier to read FAST-READ-U-INTEGER expansion
use FAST-READ-BYTE in LOAD-S-INTEGER
rename FOP-INTERN AUX-FOP-INTERN for clarity
refactor FOP table and stack handling
WITH-SPINLOCK compatibility layer was broken
fix errors from stack allocation compiler notes
make DESCRIBE report IR1 attributes for known functions
remove MUFFLE-CONDITION from the FILL transform
stack-allocatable fill-initialized specialized arrays
stack-allocatable fill-initialized specialized arrays, take 2
remove etags as a build-time dependency
protect against read-time package-lock circumvention from LOCKED::(BAR)
faster FIND and POSITION on bit-vectors
stack-allocatable fill-initialized specialized arrays, part tres
package locks and compile-time effects of DEFCLASS
use %VECTOR-RAW-BITS in %BIT-POSITION/[0|1]
defknown SC-NUMBER-OR-LOSE as foldable
runtime: handle KERN_ABORTED in the darwin semaphore implementation
git: add missing git hook scripts from SourceForge
Paul Khuong (1):
Fix EQL constraint propagation on constant assigned closure variables
Robert Brown (1):
printing specialized arrays readably
Stas Boukarev (4):
Remove unused variable warnings in some setf expansions.
Fix my previous commit on setf expansions.
Fix transform for SEARCH on vectors.
Fix transform for SEARCH on vectors with :form-end t.