Date: 2012-03-21 23:06:45 +0000 (Wed, 21 Mar 2012)
--- main/trunk/data/stk_config.xml 2012-03-21 21:03:51 UTC (rev 11005)
+++ main/trunk/data/stk_config.xml 2012-03-21 23:06:45 UTC (rev 11006)
@@ -169,7 +169,9 @@
decrease: multiplicative decrease of skidding factor in each frame.
max: maximum skidding factor = maximum increase of steering angle.
time-till-max: Time till maximum skidding is reached.
- visual: Additional graphical rotation of kart.
+ visual: Additional graphical rotation of kart. The graphical rotation
+ of the kart also determines the direction the kart is driving to
+ when skidding is stopped.
visual-time: How long it takes for the visual skid to reach maximum.
angular-velocity: Angular velocity to be used for the kart when skidding.
time-till-bonus: How long a kart needs to skid in order to get a bonus.
@@ -179,8 +181,13 @@
the chassis of a kart should rotate to match the graphical view.
A factor of 1 is identical, a smaller factor will rotate the kart
less (which might feel better).
- reduce-turn: A factor that's multiplied to the steering when skidding,
- which is used to reduce the turn angle used to reduce the turn angle. -->
+ reduce-turn-min/max: The steering done by the controller (which is in
+ [-1,1]) is mapped to [reduce-turn-min, reduce-turn-max] when skidding
+ is active (for left turn, right turn will use [-max, -min]). The
+ effect is that while you skid (say left) you can adjust the direction
+ of the turn the kart is doing somewhat by steering to the left and right,
+ but you will always keep on doing a left turn, just more or less. -->
<skid increase="1.05" decrease="0.95" max="2.5" time-till-max="0.5"
@@ -304,14 +311,6 @@
period, which results in less abrupt changes. If set to 0,
the impulse is only applied once.
resitution: restitution value to be used for the kart rigid bodies.
- side-impulse: an additional (artificial) impulse that
- pushes the slower kart out of the way of the faster karts (i.e.
- sideways to the faster kart) when a collision happens. This is
- for now disabled since it needs tuning and additionally has the
- problem that the amount of push a hit kart receives depends on
- the orientation - if a kart is pushed in the direction it is
- driving, it will be more (no friction from tires), while when
- pushed to the side, hardly anything happens.
bevel-factor: for each point of the chassis collision box one
additional point is added, resulting in a bevelled box shape.
The original Z coordinate of the chassis is multiplied by
This was sent by the SourceForge.net collaborative development platform, the world's largest Open Source development site.