Update of /cvsroot/hugin/hugin/src/foreign
In directory sc8-pr-cvs5.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv24396
updated vigra license
RCS file: /cvsroot/hugin/hugin/src/foreign/VIGRA_LICENSE,v
retrieving revision 1.1
retrieving revision 1.2
diff -u -d -r1.1 -r1.2
--- VIGRA_LICENSE 1 Jul 2004 06:34:51 -0000 1.1
+++ VIGRA_LICENSE 6 Aug 2006 13:37:24 -0000 1.2
@@ -1,99 +1,25 @@
-The VIGRA Artistic License
-(modeled after the Perl Artistic License)
-The intent of this document is to state the conditions under which
-VIGRA may be copied, such that the author maintains some
-semblance of artistic control over the development of the library,
-while giving the users of the library the right to use and
-distribute VIGRA in a more-or-less customary fashion, plus the
-right to make reasonable modifications.
-"Copyright Holder" of the VIGRA library is
-Ullrich Koethe, Cognitive Systems Group, University of Hamburg, Germany.
-"Library" refers to the collection of files distributed by the
-Copyright Holder under the name "VIGRA" (including this
-LICENSE file and all accompanying documentation), and derivatives of that
-collection of files created through textual modification.
-"Standard Version" refers to the Library if it has not been
-modified, or has been modified in accordance with the wishes of the
-Copyright Holder as specified below.
-"You" is you, if you're thinking about using, copying, modifying or
-distributing this Library.
-"Freely Available" means that no fee is charged for the item.
-It also means that recipients of the item may redistribute it
-under the same conditions they received it.
-"Reasonable copying fee" is whatever you can justify on the basis
-of media cost, duplication charges, time of people involved, and so
-on. (You will not be required to justify it to the Copyright Holder,
-but only to the computing community at large as a market that must
-bear the fee.)
-1. You may make and give away verbatim copies of the
- Standard Version of this Library without restriction, provided that
- you duplicate all of the original copyright notices, this license,
- and associated disclaimers.
-2. The Standard Version of the Library may be distributed as part
- of a collection of software, provided no more than a reasonable
- copying fee is charged for the software collection.
-3. You may apply bug fixes and portability fixes
- derived from the Public Domain or from the Copyright Holder. A
- Library modified in such a way shall still be considered the
- Standard Version.
-4. You may otherwise modify your copy of this Library in any way,
- provided that you insert a prominent notice in each changed file
- stating how and when you changed that file, and provided that you do
- at least ONE of the following:
- a. place your modifications in the Public Domain or otherwise
- make them Freely Available, for example by allowing the Copyright
- Holder to include your modifications in the Standard Version of
- the Library.
- b. use the modified Library only within your corporation or
- c. make other distribution arrangements with the Copyright
-5. You may distribute programs which use this Library
- in object code or executable form without restriction.
-6. Any object code generated as a result of using this Library
- does not fall under the copyright of this Library, but
- belongs to whomever generated it, and may be sold commercially.
-7. The name of the Copyright Holder or the Library may not be used to
- endorse or promote products derived from this software without
- specific prior written permission.
-8. THIS LIBRARY IS PROVIDED AS IS AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
- IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED
- WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
+The VIGRA License
+(identical to the MIT X11 License)
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL,
- INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR ANY DAMAGES
- WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER
- OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR ON ANY
- THEORY OF LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE
- OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS LIBRARY.
+Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
+obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation
+files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without
+restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,
+copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or
+sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
+Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following
+The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
+included in all copies or substantial portions of the
+THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND
+EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES
+OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
+NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT
+HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
+WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
+FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
+OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.