No, this is a MiKTeX specific problem. No users of other TeX releases complained about the new dvipdfmx.
Oh, I should put this first: after sending the last message I checked today's update and found that the problem with UGBK.sfd seems to have been resolved. However the same problem with UTF8 encoded CJK tex files persists. I suppose dvipdfmx might not be able to find Unicode.sfd, though it is installed also.
----- Original Message -----
From: Ulrike Fischer
Sent: 2008-06-25, 20:09:15
Subject: Re: [MiKTeX] bug in newest dvipdfmx
am Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2008 um 13:54 schrieb instanton:
> Dear list,
> I wrote a message to this list 5 days ago on a problem in using the
> newest dvipdfmx in MiKTeX on CJK tex generated dvi files but
> recieved no response. Today someone on the Chinese CTeX bbs reported
> that by use of a process monitor the problem is tracked down:
> dvipdfmx couldn't find UGBK.sfd although it is installed on the
> system as usual. Another minor problem is that dvipdfmx cannot find
> the file texglyphlist.txt, which causes some warning messages even
> when dvipdfmx is used over non CJK files. I hope these problem will be fixed soon.
You will probably get better help if you notify the dvipdfmx team:
There is also a mailing list.
But I think they will need more informations, e.g. minimal example,
log-files, the fonts used, where they are installed etc.
Mit freundlichen Grü en