Thanks for the quick reply. For some reason I don't get it in my email. Only when I google the error again today, I saw your reply.
I'm using moin 1.8.2 on wk28. However, when I tried with 1.8.8 today, to create a simple demo wiki, I got the same error. I'm testing with Python 2.6.6.
I'll take a look at 1.9.3. Plan to have a simple demo wiki running, as a proof of concept, on w2k8. Then I'll upgrade my current 1.8.2 to 1.9.
> I'm porting Moinmoin (1.8) from w2k3 to w2k8.
Which moin version exactly?
1.8.8 is the current 1.8 release, but you maybe should rather try to use
1.9.x as the end of support for 1.8 is not too far in the future.
1.9.x is WSGI based, so WSGI is the preferred method to run it.
You can also do fastcgi, cgi, and others using flup (which is possible,
but not recommended).
> After setup Python 2.5.4 (tried Python 2.7, but hit the same error.
> Thus rolled back to 2.5), zip Moin folder from W2k3 and unzip it in
2.6.latest is currently the most commonly used python, 2.5 should also
work ok. 2.7 is rather fresh and not much tested with moin 1.8.
> The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
> set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are "2010-12-11
> 12:15:15,609 WARNING MoinMoin.log:139 ...
These are NOT http headers obviously, but moin's log output (which is
usually either output to stderr (NOT stdout as the http headers) or to a
file - maybe check your logging configuration.
> using logging configuration read from built-in fallback in
> MoinMoin.log module! Traceback (most recent call last): File "D:\Moin
> \MyWiki\moin.cgi", line 54, in <module> run(Config) File "D:\Moin\Lib
> \site-packages\MoinMoin\server\server_cgi.py", line 57, in run request
> = request_cgi.Request(properties=config.properties) File "D:\Moin\Lib
> \site-packages\MoinMoin\request\request_cgi.py", line 32, in __init__
> self.fail(err) File "D:\Moin\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request
> \__init__.py", line 1452, in fail if not self.sent_headers:
> AttributeError: 'Request' object has no attribute 'sent_headers' ".
Looks like some error in the code, try with latest moin please.
> I have ported it to another w2k3 server before and it worked. This is
> the first time I tried on W2k8.
I don't think this is caused by the different windows version, but
rather by a setup or configuration problem or a bug in moin's code (that
is maybe fixed since long in current moin versions).