Dear CL users,
I released ASDF 2.018.21 as 2.019.
Please test and upon success update your implementations and distributions.
Since 2.018, we have the following improvements:
* UI: Create and use a load-systems abstraction,
in view of using it in a system-granular parallelizing backend. (.15)
* Usability: when a system can't be found, there's now a restart to retry
finding a system after reinitializing the source-registry (.10).
* Feature: :around-compile now accepts lambda expressions, and also strings,
so you can specify future wrappers that can't even be read yet. (.11, .12).
* Filesystem: recursing through logical pathnames in LispWorks (.2, .3),
on SBCL as on CMUCL, have asdf:subdirectories follow symlinks (.8., .9)
Change in Internals:
* Configuration: modify user-configuration-directories and
system-configuration-directories to return all valid directory names
even when they don't exist yet so you may create them (.6), also output
name of non-existing configuration file when opening them for writing (.7),
* Internals: strcat (.5), split locate-systems from find-systems (.6)
* Portability: Debugged CormanLisp support (.1).
Fix type declaration for SCL (.17). Tweaked for Genera (.21).
* Bug fix: don't drop pathname components without a / at the end
when reading a path using GETENV (.18). (Bug from 2.017.27)
Closes debian bug #647544.
* Bug fix: don't redefine reinitialize-instance in ways that break
its contract and its clients (such as asdf-dependency-grovel).
Use change-class to reset slots (.16), but not to 'standard-object,
which breaks ecl, rather to a proto-system class (.19), and not
using keys with breaks genera (.21). (Bug from 2.017.3)
* Bug fix: buglet in maybe-add-tree (.4)
* Upgrade: unintern internals of signature changed in 2.017.12 (.13),
have *system-definition-search-functions* not be a defparameter,
but a defvar with a fixup (.14), clear *systems-being-defined* when
upgrading asdf but re-find them immediately because they may be needed
as part of a higher operation (.14).
Unintern some more functions that have changed signature (.20).
—♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics• http://fare.tunes.org
That life is worth living is the most necessary of assumptions, and were it
not assumed, the most impossible of conclusions. — George Santayana