In the past few days I worked hard to get the Ares wiki up to speed. The
entry point is here:
A few interesting places to visit (beware of game spoilers!):
* High level todo: http://code.google.com/p/ares/wiki/Todo
* Summary of the game story: http://code.google.com/p/ares/wiki/AresGame
But there are many more pages. All work in progress of course.
I'm still looking for motivated people to help me with this project. On the
we are already pretty far. We have a good working game entity system and
editor) is starting to work nicely too (although more work is needed there).
I still need
the following people:
* More programmers. Most of the programming will be in CEL and Ares. I
consider CS to
be mostly ready for our purposes. Experience with C++ is a must. The
ability to learn
and a *lot* of motivation are essential.
* Concept artist
* 3D Artist(s) for static models. This requires working in Blender. The
person(s) doing this
will have to make models for various kinds of objects in the game:
building blocks for making houses in AresEd, spaceships, human
* 3D Artist(s) for animated meshes. I would like to have a flexible system
in Ares where
the game designer can easily create and kind of NPC body and face. Also
for the player
it should be possible to do this. My ideal system is that we have three
a female human, a male human, an alien. And then using face/body
we can create hundreds of NPCs from that. We mostly have the technology
for this ready.
We just need an artist to cooperate with us on achieving this goal.
* Sound artist. Sound effects and music mostly.
Contact me if you are interested in joining this ambitious game project!
Project Manager of Crystal Space (http://www.crystalspace3d.org)
and CEL (http://cel.crystalspace3d.org)
Support Crystal Space. Donate at
Personal page: http://users.telenet.be/jorritTyberghein/