We have frozen the GUI, so no more changes will be made to the GUI before
the actual stable 2.2 release. This means that now is a good time to help
translate WinMerge into your favorite language. Take a look at
http://winmerge.org/developer/l10n and see how you can help.
Some of the new features in 2.2:
- Unicode support
- Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes
- Location pane shows map of files compared
- Archive file support using 7-zip
- Shell Integration
- More customisable directory compare
- Moved lines detection in file compare
- Rewritten undo/redo (no more crashes!)
- Merge-mode for faster merging (like in 1.7)
This is the first release candidate build before the stable 2.2 release.
Note that it shows 22.214.171.124 as version number.
The new version can be downloaded from