In the last-minute, bleary-eyed, late-night rush to test and release
Player 2.0, I forgot to give credit to the people who made it possible.
Thanks to everybody who submitted bug reports, patches, workarounds,
and other useful tidbits. The code would be far worse without your
I'd also like to point out a few people in particular who played a
big part in Player 2.0:
- Toby Collett, the driving force behind the branch of Player about a
year ago for overhaul, and architect of the new messaging system and
Driver API. Toby did a lot of work on the interfaces and client
libs, and updated many, many drivers to the new API (then updated
them again after I changed his API :)
- Brad Kratochvil, who took on the less-than-appealing task of
normalizing (and alphabetizing!) the Player interfaces. Brad also
did a lot of work on libplayerc, wrote libplayerc++ from the ground
up in "real" C++ (a language I still don't know), wrote tutorials,
and did quite a few driver updates.
- Reed Hedges, who updated drivers, identified inconsistencies in the
new design, tested interaction with Stage, and fixed bugs.
- Radu Bogdan Rusu, who submitted very helpful bug reports, added new
interfaces and drivers, updated old drivers, and submitted patches.
Radu also maintains the Javaclient.
- Geoff Biggs, who added new interfaces, updated and enhanced drivers
and client libs, and found and fixed a crucial data delivery bug
right before the release.
I'll get down off my soap box now.