This is a followup for people Googling on this problem.
On Monday, June 30, 2003, at 07:57 PM, Randall Randall wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 04:38 PM, Randall Randall wrote:
>> I'm getting a weird traceback from one of my servlets:
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/opt/Webware/WebKit/Application.py", line 415, in
>> File "/opt/Webware/WebKit/Application.py", line 568, in
>> File "/opt/Webware/WebKit/Application.py", line 1061, in
>> inst = self.getServlet(transaction, path)
>> File "/opt/Webware/WebKit/Application.py", line 995, in getServlet
>> inst = factory.servletForTransaction(transaction)
>> File "./WebKit/ServletFactory.py", line 199, in
>> I found a similar problem had by Edmund Lian on the Cheetah list,
>> but the cause there (class name not being the same as the filename)
>> doesn't seem to apply.
>> Anyone know why this could be happening?
> Well, evidently no one did.
> So, having finally got to the "deploy on Linux" stage, I find
> that this error doesn't happen on Linux, but only Mac OS X (my
> development platform), which makes me very happy. :)
> So, if anyone needs additional information and wants to try to
> track this down in Webware 0.8, I'd be happy to give you more
> info, but don't know what would be useful. Eventually I'll try
> to do that myself, but it may be some time before I'm able to
> take the time.
This turns out to be a problem only in Python 2.2 (and maybe
earlier), and only on Mac OS X, at least for me.
Upgrading to 2.3 earlier this week made it go away completely.
Randall Randall <randall@...>
"When you advocate any government action, you must first
believe that violence is the best answer to the question
at hand." -- Allen Thornton