The Skim development teams is pleased to announce that Skim 1.1.5 is
available for download at <http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/> or using
the built-in updater.
Thanks to those of you who submitted reproducible bug reports and
comments along with the exception reports; as always, please continue
to submit bug reports at <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=192583
For those interested in what is new and fixed, release notes follow.
Changes since 1.1.4
NOTE: If you are using customized export templates, you should move
those to the new location. See the Wiki for details.
* Presentation page transitions now set an optional angle
depending on the direction. Some transitions on the Wiki have been
* New hidden defaults for the default note text. See the Wiki for
* Add accessibility for the status bar.
* Add support for the system dictionary popup.
* You can now change the text color for text notes.
* Change default DVI conversion tool to dvipdfmx.
* You can now define new custom export types for various text
formats using templates. See the Wiki for details.
* New menu item to paste text without style.
* The selection from, the Selection Tool is now accessible from
* You can now click the location in the status bar of the note
window to display the note in the main window.
* New pdfsync editor preset for AquaX.
* Use animated search highlight on Leopard.
* Update skimnotes tool.
* New hidden preference to match the zoom of the split PDF to the
* Disable preview tool tip when Skim is not active.
* Connect markup for text with missing spaces.
* Update preview tool tips more often, in particular after
* Change version number syntax, so Apple more reliably chooses the
* More reliable auto-reload of DVI files.
* Fix for making fullscreen window key after showing a side panel.
* Make sure we don't use a non-existent font, avoids possible
* The selection (for copying) using the Select tool is now added
to the page on which the selection was actually made.
* Fix an exception when adding a highlight while a snapshot is open.
* Fix opening associated PDF from Spotlight.
* Fix UTI declarations.
* Ignore duplicate file update notifications. On Leopard kqueue
apparently sends more than one write notifications.
* Make sure the reading bar is shown when turning the feature on.
* Combine text when extending markup.
* Use the system download folder when downloading files.
* Use the system paper size for printing by default. Only change
the orientation, if necessary.
* Remove extraneous check marks in popup for update preference.
* Make sure no notes can be added without a page.
* Fix typos in help.
* Fix backgrounmd color for keywords in info window on Leopard.
* Find complete words only when the Whole Words Only option is
* Workaround for drawing artifacts in toolbar images on Tiger.