A bugfix release this time, but we couldn't resist adding a few new
* Added a new recompiling cpu core which is easier to port!
* Added a x86_64 and a mipsel_32 recompiling core.
* Fixed hangups on certain platforms after long gameplay of several games.
* Fix several joystick bugs.
* Improved cdrom support. (fixes for audio, iso and detection.)
* Improved SVGA and VESA. (detection and display)
* Fixed a few textmodes and improved ansi emulation a bit.
* Fixed pcspeaker and certain types of soundeffects.
* Added undocumented mousebackdoor.
* Made mount and imgmount a bit easier to use. (ioctl by default, support
for ~ and ~username, auto size guessing for images)
* Fix a few compilation problems on various hosts and a general code
* Several small fixes that improve compatibility.
The compatibility should be the same as 0.70 aside from the games we
fixed. (see the included changelog for details)
The full changelog:
- Add a new recompiling cpu core, which should be easier to port.
- Add 64 bit version of the recompiling core.
- Add mipsel 32 bit version of the recompiling core.
- Fix a few small problems with FCBs. (fixes Jewels of darkness and
- Raise some more exceptions. (fixes vbdos)
- Fix a few problems with the dynamic core. (fixes Inner Words,
Archmimedean Dynasty and others)
- Improve/Fix fallback code for certain graphics cards.
- Fix a few cd audio related bugs.
- Add an undocumented MSCDEX feature. (Fixes Ultimate Domain)
- Fix some pcspeaker mode. (fixes Test Drive and similar games)
- Improve dos keyinput handling. (fixes Wing Commander 3 exit dialog)
- Remove Exit condition on fully nested mode. (fixes some demo)
- Add image file size detection.
- Add/Fix some ansi codes. (fixes PC Larn and certain versions of
- Several general DOS fixes. (fixes nba95, hexit and various other games)
- Add some valid input checks. (fixes 3d body adventure and similar
- Fix digital joystick centering problem.
- Reenable textmode 54 and 55.
- Fix a pelmask problem with univbe 5.0 lite. (fixes Panzer General)
- Fix minor mixer underflow.
- Some general image and bios disk emulation fixes.
- Hopefully fix compilation on BSD and darwin.
- Try using ioctl cdrom access by default if possible.
- Fix some svga detection routine. (fixes Grandest Fleet 2 and Bobby Fischer
- You can now close DOSBox using the status window in win32.
- Add support for NX enabled systems.
- Fix a casting error which only showed with certain compilers. (fixes
various games under mac os x and 64 bit linux)
- Improve timer and add gate 2 support. (fixes various games and
- Improve mouse. Add undocumented backdoor. (fixes Last half of Darkness,
PC-BLOX and others)
- Add/improve support for ~ and ~username in all commands.
- Fix a font problem with the pcjr/tandy. (fixes personal deskmate 2)
- Change dma routine a bit. (fixes ticks in sound in various games)
- Allow read-only diskimages to be booted. (fixes various booter
- Add basic hidden file support on cdrom images. (fixes Player
- Add some rarely used functionality to the int10 mode setup. (fixes
WW2 Battles of the South pacific)
- Add ability to force scaler usage.
- Speed up flag generation and make it more 386-like.
- Some colourful feedback in the mapper.
- General code cleanup.