For some reason I just can't get APBS to render an electrostatic surface for
I have installed pymol 0.99 beta37 and APBS 4.0 on Windows XP
Here are the steps I currently take:
1) I load my PDB molecule into Pymol
2) go to Plug-ins and click on APBS tools
3) click on APBS location and give locations for binary (installed in
C:\program files\APBS) and psize.py (located in C:\program
4) click on set grid ---> output:
Maximum number of grid points exceeded. Old grid dimensions were [129, 129,
Fine grid points rounded down from [107, 107, 107]
New grid dimensions are [97, 97, 97]
APBS Tools: coarse grid: (82.470,90.545,97.723)
APBS Tools: fine grid: (68.512,73.262,77.484)
APBS Tools: center: (29.733,20.940,40.031)
APBS Tools: fine grid points (97,97,97)
5) click on Run APBS --> output:
ObjectMapLoadDXFile-Error: Unable to open file!
6) click on Visualization tab and click update --> nothing happens.
Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thank you so much for any assistance.
On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to
get there! http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement