On 9/27/2013 1:40 PM, Richard Ash wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 20:56:40 -0700
> Vaughan Johnson <vaughan@...> wrote:
>> PS: But related, and higher priority, is updating the FFmpeg
>> interface, as we have a P2 bug about it. Top of my dev list, but I
>> have other admin things to do first.
>> And anybody else who wants to do any of this, please let us know. I'm
>> not territorial about it!
> Before we dive into any of this, are we wanting to get a quick 2.0.5
> release out to test the fixes we have made for 2.0.4 crashes?
Thanks! I agree with your concern, Richard. I hate any crashes, and I
think we should get those fixes out ASAP. Even if only incrementally.
Release again in weeks? Once a month? The user feedback would be so much
> would argue against messing with the library stack in the short term
> (there is also a libsndfile release promised soon, which will include
> our patches, so might be worth waiting that one on). This really
> depends how quickly we think a solution to the WDM-KS problem might be
> available, as we seem to have a fix for the Mac issue.
We've had many changes to the code base beyond fixes to these big
problems that showed up after 2.0.4 release.
Most of those are probably just textual, but let's get it out sooner
I agree, further mess with the library stack should be in subsequent,
more frequent (I hope!) releases, in order to get 2.0.5 out ASAP.
Suggestions about lib updates were before we knew about these crash
I thought we're actually more complete on the WDM-KS issue than the Mac
issues. QA folks, please update us. (Sorry for the cross-post.)
If we get more accustomed to frequent releases, we can get test results
far more widely, more incrementally.