This release of Clonezilla live (2.1.0-26) includes major enhancements
and bug fixes.
*** ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES ***
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This
release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2013/Feb/26).
* Linux kernel was updated to 3.2.39-1.
* Multipath devices, e.g. /dev/cciss/c0d0, are now supported
natively. No more linking them to /dev/sd[a-z]. Therefore now LVM on
cciss device are supported. Thanks to the patch files from Miracle Linux.
* A "blkdev.list" info file was added in the image dir.
* Xen disk (/dev/xvd[a-z]) was added as a supported device.
* Three log files, /var/log/clonezilla.log, /var/log/ocs-netcfg.log,
and /var/log/ocs-mount.log are used to save the logs.
* Language file ca_ES, de_DE, es_ES, it_IT, fr_FR, ja_JP.UTF-8,
zh_CN and zh_TW were updated. Thanks to René Mérou, Michael Vinzenz,
Alex Ibáñez López, Gianfranco Gentili, Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Akira
YOSHIYAMA, and Zhiqiang Zhang.
* Package partclone was updated to 0.2.58.drbl1. An issue with
imaging JFS partitions larger than 50 GB has been fixed.
* Adding "-m 1024" option to partclone. This should increase the
imaging efficiency. Thanks to Ingo Wolf Wolf _at_ gmx de> for this
* An option -srel|--save-restore-error-log to force saving error log
in the image dir was added in ocs-sr and drbl-ocs. By default, we do not
save that in the image directory when restoring. Only when saving it
will be saved in the image dir.
* Package udisks was added the packages list for Clonezilla live.
Thanks to fusi1939 for this suggestion.
* Pacakge extlinux was added. Therefore makeboot.sh can now make a
USB flash flash drive with NTFS, ext2/3/4, and btrfs bootable.
*** BUG FIXES ***
* A bug where makeboot.sh failed to deal with path names containing
white space was fixed
* Boot parameter containing "$" character did not work for ocs
related parameters. Thanks to kuen-shieh yang for reporting this issue.
Steven Shiau <steven _at_ nchc org tw> <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
National Center for High-performance Computing, Taiwan.
Public Key Server PGP Key ID: 4096R/47CF935C
Fingerprint: 0240 1FEB 695D 7112 62F0 8796 11C1 12DA 47CF 935C