These changes sound fantastic. I'll give you a little idea of what's
going on at the moment.
We're currently have a release candidate available for release 0.21
although there are still some administrative issues to do with getting
the website updated, and possibly a MacOs bug that may need resolving
before this is released.
At the same time, there is a moderate refactoring project under way that
Joe Emenaker has been conducting in a separate branch
I am not sure whether he is finished with this yet or not, but I know
that the plan was to delay merging this back into the main branch at
least until we have got 0.21 out of the door.
The vague roadmap we've talked about recently is something like this:
* Release 0.21.
* Sweep up outstanding bugs and patches.
* Release 0.22.
* Emenaker's Grand Refactoring.
* Release 0.30.
The best place for reorganising files and moving them around might
actually be in Joe's refactoring branch, as if we clobber loads of stuff
in the main branch it will make it harder than necessary to merge his
refactor branch back in. I presume Joe would be ok with you putting your
refactors in his branch though its probably worth checking with him to
make sure he doesn't have anything on his computer he's not got round to
Some of your other changes such as the DKnob cleanup, ErrorDialog
replacement, netbeans project could probably go straight into the main
branch as they shouldn't have much impact on the merge.
On 01/12/2011 15:32, chriswareham@... wrote:
> Several years ago I looked into adding support to JSynthLib for several synthesisers I own (Cheetah MS-6 and Marion MSR-2). At the time the codebase seemed to be undergoing some major changes, and I held off looking further at the code. A couple of days ago I decided to take another look at JSynthLib, and saw that despite there not being a release for a few years, there was ongoing activity in the Subversion repository.
> I checked the code out, had a poke around, and would be very keen on becoming a contributor to the project. In my local copy of the code, I have created a basic NetBeans project, as I don't use Eclipse. The configuration resides in a single directory, is not specific to a particular developers environment, and would be of benefit to any other NetBeans users. I have also restructured the codebase to follow the common convention of having all Java sources under an src sub-directory, including the JSynthLib class that currently resides in the root of the project. I also moved the groovy.jar into a lib sub-directory, as per common conventions. I then removed the JDOM Jar from my local working copy, as neither I nor NetBeans could find a dependency on it. I have amended the Ant script accordingly.
> I cleaned up the DKnob class, which appears to have several dubious optimisations, and wrote a test class to exercise it. Finally, I replaced the only remaining class that relies on NetBeans GUI builder (ErrorDialog), with one that I coded from hand and in my humble opinion is more user friendly.
> If any of these changes are of interest, then I can submit them to the list, and I'd also be interested on comments about these changes. I couldn't find a road map for the project, so I apologise if any of what I have done seems in any way presumptuous! I would be keen to continue refactoring the codebase to clean it up and document it better, particularly as I was seeing a few exceptions such as concurrent access violations in the initial code that I checked out.
> All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure
> contains a definitive record of customers, application performance,
> security threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this
> data and makes sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
> Jsynthlib-devel mailing list