> On 08/06/2011 07:40, Nozomi Anzai wrote:
> >> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> >> Hash: SHA1
> >> Hello Nozomi,
> >> I accepted your subscription to ppa-dev the mailing list this morning.
> >> Thank you for registering !
> >> So, as you missed the last emails about having PPA core code in UTF-8
> >> only, please find in attachment my current patch about it.
> > In conclusion, the patched source cord seems not to work well in
> > Japanese.
> > But, first of all, I'm afraid I did a wrong way, What I did are:
> > 1. Got the source cord by git.
> > 2. Confirmed that the original PPA worked in Japanese too.
> > 3. Patched.
> > 4. Confirmed that the patched PPA worked in English and French.
> > 5. Chose Japanese (and Chinese, Russian).
> > Is there any lacked or extra step ?
> Sounds good to me. I did another test myself:
> 1. git clone git@... && cd phppgadmin/
> 2. zcat ../full_utf8-2.patch.gz | patch -p1
> 3. cp ../ppa/conf/config.inc.php conf/
> and I can not reproduce your problem you describe bellow. See my
> screenshot in attachment.
I see. Thank you for your advice.
> > My report is as follows:
> > Browser.php (in the right column in each page) says what means 'Error
> > loading' like my attached image.
> > However, another page seems to work without problem, I can watch table
> > informations, any data with Japanse chars in tables, and so on.
> > Opening the url in that message,
> > database.php?subject=database&server=%3A8400%
> > 3Aallow&action=tree&database=<dbname>
> > it shows XML parse error
> > <tree text="... (what means 'Schemas')" action="schemas.php?
> > subject=database& server=%3A8400%3Aallow" src="schemas.php?
> > subject=database&server=%3A8400%3Aallow&action=tree"
> > icon="images/themes/default/Schemas.png"
> > openicon="images/themes/default/Schemas.png" />
> > ------------^
> > And I replaced the word in 'text=""' to another $var in Misc.php
> > l.1844, parse error message dissapeard.
> > Do you have any ideas ?
> Maybe your browser didn't parse the xml as utf-8 and one byte in the
> japanese string is breaking it ? Or maybe your lang/japanese.php is not
> in UTF-8 ? To check it:
> $ file japanese.php
> japanese.php: PHP script, UTF-8 Unicode text
> What is your browser and its version ? I tested with firefox 4 and
> google-chrome 11.0.6.
> Can you send me the full http answer with headers and body ?
Oh, I forgot confirming my current encoding setting in php.ini at all...
I (and also a certain amount of Japanese) often use 'default_charset =
"euc-jp"', and that XML was parsed as EUC_JP.
But I'd like to avoid change my setting, I will be glad if the header
written by printTreeXML() is as follows:
classes/Misc.php l. 1834
- header("Content-Type: text/xml;);
+ header("Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8");
like the one in other part of source codes.
Rewriting this, now the left column in frame came to work well.
BTW, I can't watch the schema named in Japanese which is created in a not
UTF-8 (EUC_JP) database.
Opening the schema page, error message was shown.
ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "EUC_JP": 0xe383
SET SEARCH_PATH TO "...(schemaname in Japanese)","public"
It seems that setClientEncoding('utf-8') is lacked before setSchema() in
> Anyway, it seems to me something might be wrong in
> libraries/decorator.inc.php, I'm not sure why we use strtr instead of
> htmlentities at line 68.
> I attached a patch to apply on top of the first one to test with
> htmlentities specifying explicitly the text is in UTF-8. Could you tell
> me if this fix your problem if none of the above worked ?
> Thank you for your tests Nozomi !
> >> Please, could you make some tests and report any errors with Japanese
> >> translation ?
> >> Tests might include:
> >> * browsing various database objects
> >> * querying the database
> >> * querying the database with some WHERE clause using Japanese chars
> >> * upload SQL scripts with Japanese chars in queries
> >> * creating a database Japanese chars in name
> >> * creating database objects with/without Japanese chars
> >> * creating database objects with Japanese chars
> >> * ...
> >> Thank you in advance !
> >> - --
> >> Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais
> >> DBA
> >> http://www.dalibo.com
> >> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> >> Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
> >> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
> >> iEYEARECAAYFAk3snJ4ACgkQXu9L1HbaT6IIrACfTe4NoJSRCGNxZCLyX2zyZp8C
> >> sagAn3auN07n1U3eA/L66eRz87gQ9r9i
> >> =l/P+
> >> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan