Thanks for the list. I knew there was more, but this sums it up nicely.
More answers below.
On 01/31/2010 07:29 AM, Nicolai Stange wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>> I've checked in a fix to this issue.
> At first thank you, but since I don't know if
> you're still aware of the other issues, I'll sum
> them up in short:
> 1.) There many more targets avaiable in an automake project
> than ede supports: The primary LTLIBRARIES and prepending the
> primaries by any target installation dir reference ('foo' in the
> example) are an example.
If I understand this correctly, I suspect the list project-am-type-alist
is incomplete? This is on line ~79 in project-am.el.
Updating this list requires no Emacs Lisp programming skills to speak of
unless there is an entirely new kind of target style. I'm not sure what
a "primary LTLIBRARIES" is. Is that like lib_LTLIBRARIES, but some
In your first email you claimed lib_LTLIBRARIES and noinst_PROGRAMS were
not supported, but they are in the list I mentioned. They just don't
directly identify the referenced file correctly. If you use M-x
ede-speedbar, you can browse down and find those files. For example, I
created a makefile.am like this from your base project:
and speedbar shows this:
<-> am-project 0.1
so it seems to 'work', just fail the last step of associating the foo.hh
buffer with the project target.
> 2.) Source dependencies containing some path relative to a Makefile.am
> don't seem to get assigned to it. The exponentiate.c used in the
> src/Makefile.am is an example:
> libsimple_la_SOURCES = helpers/exponentiate.c simple.c
> At least in the CVS version I checked out those issues remain...
> Eric, I really appreciate your (very fast btw) help and I don't want to
> look my emails look like "Hi guys, I want this feature, please implement
> it asap". Unfortunately I misused this mailing list as a feature request
> tracker, maybe I'd better file two feature requests for the two (not
> related) issues mentioned above to detangle them and thus improving your
> Again, if I can help out, writing some C-code (if elisp can bind to it)
> or whatever, please let me know!
I do have grand plans for a C++ project to move some of the slow parts
of Semantic into a separate process, but I am still playing catch-up
with bug fixes.
The biggest help I could use right now is some of the little bug fixes
for the mailing list, and distribution testing to help get cedet 1.0 done.