Steve Baker still hasn't spoken up, so here's the plan.
(1) We settle the outstanding issues, preferably in the next couple of
(2) I put out a new Release Candidate 2 this weekend.
(3) Everybody runs it over the next week or two and decides there aren't
any problems with it.
(4) If there are problems, I put up Release Candidate 3 with the
(5) Somebody (I believe it was Sven--anybody please feel free to step up
and correct me) said he could make a release tarball out of Release
Candidate "N". He does that and sends it to me somehow. The target date
is July 29.
(6) I put the release tarball out on the website around August 1. It
probably won't be pretty, but it will be done.
Steve, feel free to step up and fix the plan at any point. But for now,
this is what I am expecting to do.
- John F. Fay