-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Today a new beta version has been released. You can download it here:
- - Upgrade Samba to 3.0.28.
- - Add attributes 'Guest account' and 'Null passwords' to 'Samba:
Settings' advanced section in WebGUI.
- - Enhance WebGUI + rc-script to define additional group memberships
for user accounts.
- - Replace uShare UPnP Mediaserver with MediaTomb 0.10.0. This has been
done because ushare's latest version
~ fails to build on FreeBSD, also new version requires external libs
for DLNA support which is not ported
~ to FreeBSD right at the moment.
~ You have to reconfigure the UPnP service to get working properly.
XBox 360 is not supported, sorry.
- - Increase mfsroot size to 54mb for embedded version. So hopefully the
OS has enough memory for logfiles,...
~ Especially with Samba tbd files, which increases rapidely with a huge
number of users accessing the system.
- - Add kernel patch to support ATi IXP600/700 PATA/SATA.
- - Switch back to SCHED_ULE scheduler.
- - Upgrade 3ware serial ATA RAID controller driver to 9.4.2
- - Allow creation of users with empty passwords.
- - Upgrade ATAidle to 2.3.
- - Set 'kern.hz="500"' in /boot/loader.conf for better system and media
streaming performance. Thanks to Eyn Ergy for testing.
~ VMWare users which require this setting have to install in 'full'
mode and edit loader.conf by hand.
~ See http://ivoras.sharanet.org/freebsd/vmware.html or
for some tipps.
- - Add SSL/TLS support to FTP service.
- - Use inadyn-mt instead of inadyn dynamic DNS client.
- - Add easyDNS.com and 3322.org support to 'Dynamic DNS' service.
- - Upgrade dp.SyntaxHighlighter to 1.5.1.
- - Fix install problem "Error: Failed to set partitions on the disk 'xxx'".
- - Remove readonly flag for iSCSI extent/device/target 'Name' field
during creation. It will be readonly after creation.
- - Add checkbox in 'Mount Point' WebGUI to enable/disable
foreground/background file system consistency check during boot process.
- - Remove 'Read only' checkbox from rsyncd settings page (WebGUI).
Access mode can be defined per share.
- - Autoselect 'Selected' checkbox in time selection control
(minutes/hours/days/months/weekdays) e.g. when configuring scheduled reboot.
- - Add ability to select PIO modes for IDE/ATA disks on 'Disks:
Management: Disk: Edit' WebGUI page.
- - Enable logging for local/client rsync jobs (to
/var/log/rsync_xxx.log). It is possible to access log files via
WebGUI/Advanced/Edit File page.
- - Add 'User ID' and 'Group ID' option to RSYNC module configurations.
- - Improved software RAID creation/administration via WebGUI.
- - Add additional options (e.g. cachecnid, upriv, ...) for AFPd shares.
- - Add if_tap.ko and if_tun.ko kernel modules for tun/tap pseudo device
support (required by OpenVPN).
- - Calculating iSCSI extent IDs fails for numbers > 10.
- - Promote correct UPnP port via ZeroConf/Apple Bonjour.
- - Fix bug in rsyncd rc-script. Hosts allow/deny were not set correct.
Also fix client error message 'ERROR: module is read only'.
- - Fix bug in FTP service. It was possible to select 'Anonymous login
only' and 'Local users only' simultaneously which is impossible.
~ Please check your configuration and reconfigure your FTP service if
- - It is not possible to format a SoftRAID disk with MSDOS FAT16/32.
- - It is not possible to encrypt a disk partition, only complete disks
- - If DHCP for IPv4 is used, the IPv6 statically configured DNS server
will be override by the IPv4 DNS server.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----