I've finished the works on the Ogre 1.2->1.4 transition, and did other
stuff too. Number of things changed, as is reflected in the NEWS file.
Everything is in the CVS now. I've slightly updated the TODO as well.
win32 builds probably don't work now, I would gladly allow anyone look
at this, if someone feels helping ;)
The list of changes (copied from the news file):
* removed OpdeGUI and OpdeMission temporary classes
* Fixed water material loading (still needs a texture manager service
* Removed the old DarkDB loading code.
* Started implementing endianness independence.
* Added File/FileGroup abstract classes, and thei're implementations for
std, Ogre::DataStream, Memory
* Modified the WorldRep service to work agains the new FileGroup class
* Added the RefCounted class, used to implement reference counted classes.
* Added a chunk extraction and listing tool.
* Some small fixes in CMake scripts.
* Implemented a binary service, which is a catalogue of dynamically
defined structured types
* Implemented a compiler for dtype scripts
* Implemented a ScriptLoader for the dtype scripts
* Added dtype scripts for all 3 games
* Restructured the scripts directory
* Removed the junk code from main
* Implemented the DTypeDef and DVariant classes
* Made a small improvement in the DarkSceneManager (performance - wise)
* Implemented game's state manager.
* Moved the code to Ogre3D 1.4
* Added dependency to OIS
* Various small fixes
* Removed dependency on CeGUI
Uff. Lot of stuff....
The plan is now to implement Link service, then Property service, then
Object service. Then will come Inheritance service, and changes to
property service that will cause property service to understand and use
inheritance. The result is the core object system, which will be tested
on mesh loading using some new service (named Renderer?).
Also, worldrep service will be split a bit if time will allow, creating
texture service for texture/material handling, and light service,
responsible for lights manipulation.
After this all, we can say version 0.3 is ready. The work will begin on
the core engine functions - mainly scripting, and services hooked on the
object service events.
I still do not understand very well how the script timers work in DE
(regarding frame independency/dependency), but some tests will hopefully
reveal this. Also, I do not know yet if inherited properties always come
from the highest priority MP link, or if those are inherited from a
linked object with highest priority which still has that particular
That's it for now.