As the subject says, I've merged the dyntype into src/base/dyntype (lib
OpdeDynType), and File+FileGroup into base/file (lib OpdeFile). The
loader now uses these, that means the whole src/services/database will
be removed. The DarkFileGroup should be platform independent, as I've
promissed, but I have no machine to test this.
The endianness fixes can now be done two ways - waiting for binary
service as a data definition source, doing the readElem calls, splitting
the struct read into field reads, or quickfixing by doing the latter,
till the first is possible.
I have tested the code as it is now on linux and windows. It works ok.
There still is the problem with missing textures, which is caused by
DevIL strictness of pcx header reader. I would think that move to the
Ogre 1.4.0 would be a good thing, although this could complicate the
compilation by adding OIS as a dependency. 1.4.0 uses freeimage if I
remember well. As a fix before doing this, it is possible to convert the
images to png, for example.
Now comes the time for the main work of the 0.2 plan. The object system
core. Binary Service will come first. As written before, my small plan
is to use the compiler2pass for this service too. The structure of the
data definitions should be nearly C like. With some exceptions. I'm
still brushing the syntax. I'll sum up my ideas into the TODO later.
Also, I was doing some profiling on the scene manager, and it needs some
further optimisations. Some mission files just display too slow in some
situations. I'll see what can be done.