To adopt dgtdrv to the new API I tried to compile the
dev-branch. Unfortunately this already failed because the
requirements for autoconf are to high, so I could not
generate the configure script. It told me that it needs V2.6
of autoconf where I've only 2.59. :(
This makes me come to an IMHO crucial point for the project.
IMHO we should try to keep as low a profile as possible
concerning required software. I do not mean to drop autoconf
again, but I think we should try to be compatible with
something like "Debian stable".
Why Debian stable? Surely because I run it ;)
No, seriously. I think this distribution is a good
foundation for the requirements on the linux end because
- The stable branch has a decent life time.
- The versions of software contained is (version number
wise) somewhat of a lower limit we can expect everywhere.
- It is available for almost every hardware platform linux
ever ran on. (Yes, I keep compiling on the Alpha ;)
- It is easy to check out which version is used there by
- As far as I can see Fink for the Mac is in the same order
of magnitude version number wise.
- Quite some distributions of these days build upon Debian,
(though stuff like Ubuntu is unstable) which gives us a
good chance to be compatible by this as well.
Langewiesener Str. 37
Tel.: 03677/69-4625 , Fax.: 03677/69-4617