On 1/16/07, Gordon Dobie <gordondobie@...> wrote:
> I have the same problem, but in reverse! The connex400 gumstix I bought
> works fine, but if I reflash it with a defconfig of rev 1089 (last one
> before 2.6.18) it is not recognised.
> Could someone possibly tell me which packages/kernel settings etc are
> required to enable the wifistix?
The default settings should enable wifi (i.e. make defconfig).
OK - Here's the history (grabbed from websvn).
- Releases from 1197 to present (1221) should work
1197 - Back to 2.6.18
1195 - Went to 2.6.19
1185 - GCC updated to 4.1.1 - breaking marvel binary driver
- Releases from 1159 thru 1185 work
1159 - Marvel driver rebuilt to use SLAB
- Releases from 1143 thru 1158 - marvel binary doesn't load (missing symbol)
1143 - Memory allocator changed from SLOB to SLAB - breaks binary marvel driver
- Releases 1109 thru 1142 - Marvel driver works, but network performance is slow
1109 - Marvel binary released for 2.6.18
- Releases from 1093 thru 1108 - marvel binary doesn't work (wrong binary)
1093 - Linux 2.6.18 released
- Releases 1089 thru 1092 - wifistix works - kernel version 2.6.17
1089 - Marvel binary released for 2.6.17
- Releases 1066 thru 1089 - wifistix works, but you can't build
buildroot since no
source for marvel driver
1066 - wifistix support enabled - but sources pulled
Vancouver, BC, Canada