Version 2.103 can be downloaded from here:
Sorry it has been soooo long since the last release (6 months!). I was
a little overwhelmed when trying to summarize all the changes, so I'm
sure I missed nifty new features or important bug fixes. If you see
something I missed or summarized poorly here, feel free to reply with an
addendum. A complete listing of the SVN logged changes can be found here:
If you want to highlight updates put in for the next release, you can
use SVN to update mh/docs/updates.pod.
- David Mark made lots of updates to the tk gui.
- Matthew Williams created lib/Device_Item.pm and lib/X10_Interface.pm
and modified X10_Items and Serial_Item so we have a more consistent set
- Gregg Liming made various xAP and xPL updates including OneWire_xAP
and AnalogSensor_Item support, proper xAP targeting on responds,
BSC_Item, and auto-detect devices targeting slimdev-slimserv.
- Jason Sharpee added support for UPB PIM and Devices as: UPBPIM
- Gregg Liming and David Mark added lib/X10_Scene.pm to provide a
convenient mechanism for defining, managing and enrolling/unenrolling
lighting scenes. Current support is limited to Switchlinc family of lights.
- Gregg Liming added support for ZoneMinder: http://www.zoneminder.com
- Mike Wiebke added SOAP server capability and several client examples
- Matthew Williams modified audreyspeak.pl to generate TTS files
- Matthew Williams added support for standard CPAN Lingua modules to
convert numbers to text.
- Matthew Williams added lib/Weather_Common.pm and updated most of the
weather interface modules to provide standard routines to update weather
related variables. Among other things, this allows a local weather
station to be supplemented with data from the internet (e.g. METAR)
- Matthew Williams added support for Davis Weather Monitor II and
updated Weather_Items.pm to monitor battery levels on the WMR968 group
of weather stations.
- John Murphy added support of DS2409 based 1-wire hubs.
- David Norwood updated the rrd graphic code so that graphs are now
created on-the-fly instead of every five minutes, less likely to cause
- Matthew Williams split weather_rrd graph functionality out of
code/common/weather_rrd_update.pl into bin/weather_rrd_update_graphs.
This allows Windows boxes to update their graphs in a forked process,
removing the long pauses that can be associated with updating the rrd
- Updated code/common/internet_mail.pl to allow for reading of local
mail files. For example, if using Thunderbird, install Thunderbird 'Tb
autosave extention' from http://www.supportware.net/mozilla/#ext13 then
set the mh.ini parm net_mail_save_dir to point to the save directory.
This has the advantage over get_email of ignoring spam that you have
filtered out of your inbox.
Bug Fixes and Other Changes:
- Matthew Williams made about 1 billion changes, a bit too numerous to
list. Check the svn log for the complete list.
- David Mark also made many changes, some (but not all) are listed here
and in the svn log listing.
- David Mark added several new options to display_alpha.pl
- David Mark updated display_alpha.pm to work with older Beta Brite signs
- David Mark updated mh_release.pl to use respond_in_kind function and
- David Mark fixed display app parameter bug
- David Mark fixed bug in respond_log which sent parameters to the print log
- David Mark updated serial_port_create and serial_port_open to handle
start and stop bit variations
- David Mark fixed tk response in set_password
- David Mark added respond_in_kind function
- David Mark fixed tk window display bug related to recycled windows.
- David Mark updated code/common/event_sounds.pl to allow for an
optional mh.ini event_sounds_file
- David Mark added &recompose_uri to unencoded URI's from XML parsers
and re-encodes them for output in tag attributes.
- David Mark updated code/common/news_ap_breaking.pl from 'read/show' to
- Chris Barrett fixed a 2.102 X10_RF.pm bug that truncated the first
character X10 code in the log errata.
- Chris Barrett updated common/mh_release.pl to work with the new 2.102
version name, which includes the SVN Rddd version.
- Chris Barrett fixed a case sensitiviy bug in lib/X10_RF_security.pm .
- Added a check on text lenght in &speak, and will display instead if
- Allow for end of line comments ( ... # comment) in .mht files.
- Brent DeShazer found a bug when trying to set Timer objects from with
web SET commands.
- Chris Barrett fixed a potential security hole by removing double
slashes in HTTP requests.
- Matthew Williams added FAQ item 2.18 to explain the differences
between 'on', 'ON' and ON.
- David Mark added a state check in Door_Item set before setting the
last opened or last closed times.
- Added a speak length mh.ini parm, to allow for truncating long text
before speaking. Default is set with mh.ini entry of speak_length=500
- Axel Brown spoted a bug where the play sound_fork parm was ignored on
- David Norwood improved pronto support, RSS processing, trigger
actions, and usb-uirt support.
- Dan Patellis updated lib/Marrick.pm to accept more X10 commands,
- Rick Steeves patched dailystrips to support 2 page retrieval support.
- Joe Blecher added support in Lynx10PLC.pm to handle individual
commands instead of requiring pairs. This allows ``group'' capability
similar to the CM11
- Chris Barrett fixed 4 bugs in vv_tts.pl
- David Norwood added +-##% states to X10_Item, and made many
improvements related to dimming.
- Chris Kodadek and Matthew Williams put in a fix for said_next in
Socket_Item.pm for cases where $datatype is 'raw' (i.e. a raw socket).
- Kirk Bauer updated Musica.pm.
- Troy Carpenter updated internet_weather.pl to add -nws_data forecast
to limit it to just forecast data
- Troy Carpenter added a new volume control module for Audreys.
- Jim Duda updated audreyspeak which has more intelligent handling of