I just posted version 2.10. Aside from the usual updates to the documentation, it makes the following fixes and enhancements (minor bugs and enhanced support for other file formats and continuous files):
1) Can now leave out subject and cell fields when reading files in single file mode (will use default values instead and will assume all the subjects/cells are the same)
2) Fixed crash when reading files using single file mode and operation is aborted due to problem with files
3) In order to accommodate file formats like Neuroscan AVG where bad channels may be dropped from the data file, when reading in file formats that label the channels, they will be reordered to match the order of the ced file. Then, if any channels are missing from the data file then they will be added as bad channels. Conversely, if any channels are in the data but not in the ced file, they will now be properly handled as locationless channels.
4) The type field in the .ced files is now used since the EEGlab bug was apparently fixed and it is now functional. The type field must now be present in the .ced file and assumptions will no longer be made about which ones are REF or FID types.
5) Sped up the View function's waveform displays, requiring some additions to the dataset cache.
6) Fixed contents of analysis fields (which keep track of bad channels etc.) being not arranged correctly when merging files, as in the single file mode.
7) Fixed crash when examining QC data on bad channels and trials via the Edit function.
8) Added support for Neuroscan .eeg and .cnt files.
9) Added ability to plot data from continuous data files in the View function by showing only one second at a time.
10) Epoch ms times now displayed as from beginning of first sample to end of last sample.
11) Fixed bug introduced in 2.07 where checkboxes and subject and cell fields on Read and Preprocess panes impossible to deselect.
12) Fixed bug not updating baseline field when using Postprocess function to baseline correct data.
13) Fixed incorrect subject ID being extracted from EGIS session headers.
14) Refreshes Edit pane when Done button is pressed so when Data Name is changed, the name in the list of datasets is updated.
15) Fixed crash when adding a cell in the edit pane whose type is 'SGL'.
16) Fixed an error message when all the SGL cells have been deleted, leaving only the CMB cells, and one clicks on the Factors subpane of the Edit pane.
17) Fixed crash when reading a file due to events with empty value fields (now uses type field instead if value field is empty).
18) Fixed crash while reading files due to empty type fields in eloc information by assuming they are EEG channels.
19) Fixed not saving event data to single_trial EGI simple binary files.
20) Fixed putting events at the very first sample for EGI simple binary files.
In addition, Robert Oostenveld kindly fixed a bug in FieldTrip's support for the .set file format and I just fixed a couple bugs in FieldTrip's support for the EGI Simple Binary format (all having to do with event timing). Be sure to update your copy of FieldTrip (to that of 2/1/2010 or later) if you are using either file format. Make sure to delete the stale copy of FieldTrip in EEGlab. Thanks to Grega Repov for his detailed bug reports.
Senior Research Scientist
University of Maryland
7005 52nd Avenue
College Park , MD 20742-0025