Hmmmm I recently made the big switch to Linux on my laptop, after using
it for a while. I was so happy when I didn't have to clear my iPod of
all it's music when I made the switch. Since I've made the switch things
have been less that great however.
Firstly the path of all the original source files is not the same
anymore. In windows it was on a netowrk drive, and it still is here, but
its mounted, and I don't feel like copying over 13 gigs again, so gtkpod
says it can't find the local files, which is okay, I just mention it in
case it's relevant. This is also an iPod Photo.
Well first my iPod has been acting wierd recently, I noticed the time
all of a sudden reset to January 1st 2000. I also noticed that at times
the playing will restart from scratch. I also have an iPod remote a
portable control box, made by Apple. Again I just mention this just in
case, as I don't think GTKpod is causing it.
I have 14 gigs of stuff, but the only thing I really listen to is a
Radio show I downloaded in the Albums section, and the Most Rated
playlist, which has about 78 songs in it. Well I noticed that since I
added some songs, the play lists, the play list ordering is messed up. I
always have it sorted by Most played, with the most played file
appearing on the top.
Now the playlist on my iPod might almost being newest first, I'm not
sure. No matter what I do in gtkPod I can't get the playlist to save.
Basically if I click on the My Top Playlist, if I just sort a column in
the main window, does nothing. If I go to Save current view, and then
under the sort of columns, it looks right, but if I sync or even switch
play lists in gtkpod it is back to the unordered one, which is the one
that occurs on my iPod. I have also tried setting the sorting in the
smart playlist, but that also has no effect. Finally if I try and use
the edit Sorting Options, if I set the Playlist Sorting to Ascending or
Descending, GTKpod SegFaults.
Finally I Have a hunch that GTK Pod orphaned one of my files, but it may
just be because I'm not use to the right clicking. Basically I altered
the soundcheck on one file to -10.0 and then I noticed that I had two
copies, one in place of another song. If I looked at the path in GTKpod
they both pointed to the same file. After trying to repair and scan for
orphaned files it said there were none, but eventually the file
returned, but was still not named properly. It may have just been the
interface however, that caused me to think they pointed to the same files.
I'm running GTKpod 0.99.4 on Debian 3.0 testing,