Version 2.102 can be downloaded from here:
- Brian McKissick created code/common/power_Xantrex.pl for communicating
with a Xantrex GT3.0 grid-tied photovoltaic power inverter, allowing for
home automation monitoring of generated solar power.
- Ricardo Arroyo sent in code and web files he has modified to speak in
Spanish, or to use Spainish web pages. Copied to mh/code/public/Ricardo
- Jim Morrissey sent in mh/code/public/power_french_edf.zip, code and
web pages he wrote to manage the different power rates that the French
national electricity (EDF) provides.
- Michael Easton created web/newclock ( http://localhost:8080/newclock
). Enable code/common/clock_map.pl to keep world maps updated.
- David Mark added mh.ini option html_wav_format=client which will try
to detect the best option for various browsers when playing mh TTS.
- Gaetan Lord and Jocelyn Brouillard created lib/DSC5401.pm,
code/examples/DSC5401.pl, and web/bin/DSC5401_*.pl for supporting the
- Gaetan Lord, Matthew Williams, and David Mark added
code/common/virtual_keyboard.pl to allow for a virtual keyboard within a
web page, and updated web/bin/shopping_list.pl to use it.
- Gaetan Lord created web/bin/listmanager.pl, based on shopping_list.pl,
but more generic and targeted for use on a PDA.
- Gregg Liming updated code/common/asterisk_gregg.pl which uses
Telephony_xAP and and netcallerid objects to perform CID, output
logging, MWI display and on-/off-hook processing (e.g, mute music on
call pick-up or start). He also updated lib/Telephony_xAP.pm,
lib/CID_Log.pm, CID_Lookup.pm, and phone_logs.pl.
- David Norwood created code/common/monitor_versalink.pl which collects
and graphs DSL traffic data from a Westell Versalink 327W modem/router
used by Verizon.
- A interview about the open source aspect of MisterHouse can be found
at http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=3428 and a summary of
that interview is at http://www.itbusinessedge.com/item/?ci=11747
- Matthew Williams migrated the MisterHouse sourceforge repository from
CVS to SVN (SubVersioN). This is much nicer than CVS and we now have ALL
files in the standard distros checked in. You can continue to send
updates to me directly, or feel free to send them in via SVN. Windows
users can use touroiseSVN, which integrates into explorer:
http://tortoisesvn.sourceforge.net/ Right click on explorer and do an
SVN check out from here:
- If you want to track changes to the mh wiki, you can subscribe to a
RSS or ATOM feed via this page:
Bug Fixes and Other Changes:
- Included mh/data/infrared/devicelib (missing from 2.101 release).
- Neil Cherry updated mh.ini tv parms to use zip_code, rather than
- Allow for any $var substitution in .ini files, rather than just
- Benjamin Griffith updated code/public/rrd_graph_web.pl to fix $timenow
and to print better error errata.
- David Mark changed the mh exit_pgm restart, so web based 'restart
misterhouse' works better.
- Mike Pieper added support for EIB access via eibd.
- Tim Sailer noticed a 2.100 update to common/tv_info.pl broke it on
- Chris Barrett and Neil Cherry updated some pointers to our nifty new
- David Norwood sent in more mh/lib/site/XML modules so
rss_subscriber.pl works without requiring local perl modules to be
- Rick Steeves suggested we add favorite_tv_shows mh.ini parm, in place
of hard coded channels in common/tv_info.pl
- Steve Hammer and John Liss noticed the Wish::send call in
lib/Serial_Item.pm was wrong.
- David Mark fixed a quoting problem in code/common/news_ap_breaking.pl.
- Brent DeShazer added time_date_stamp format 22 and he added cmd,
findcmd, and speak to internet_im.pl
- Matthew Williams updated code/public/weather_metar.pl to add hooks
when new forecasts are retrieved and added new SummaryLong key to
- Matthew Williams updated common/internet_earthquakes.pl to allow for
km, and fixed bug to us statutory miles instead of nautical miles.
- Matthew Williams updated lib/CID_Announce.pm to handle case when name
is sent as ``UNKNOWN CALLER''
- Matthew Williams updated lib/DSC5401.pm to add new partition_mode
- Matthew Williams updated lib/Group.pm to allow for nested groupe and
Voice_Text.pm to speak numbers > 4 digits seperately.
- Rick Steeves added a print_log call to X10_RF.pm, so you will see
errata like: XM6MJ: Porch_Light on
- David Mark updated the web .wav generator to minimized the problem of
multiple web browsers talking at the same time by using a semi-random
.wav file name.
- David Mark added a webmute=2 option, which disables both local and
- David Mark added subs "e_attribute, &escape, &unescape, and
&html_encode to lib/http_server.pl
- David Mark implemented the repeat command and the &mp3_radio_play sub
- David Norwood updated mh/lib/site/ControlX10/CM11.pm to fix write
retries which has been broken the past few releases. He also-wrote the
send subroutine without goto's, so it should be clearer and easier to
- David Mark fixed write_mh_opts to look for mh/bin/mh.private.ini, not
mh/mh.private.ini, if mh_parms is not set.
- Gregg Liming xAP/xPL code processing to not drop sockets due to EINTR
(system interrupt) calls. He also added ability to override default
broadcast on xAP/xPL data transmitions to ones defined by
ipaddress_xap_broadcast and ipaddress_xpl_broadcast (useful in
- Rick Steeves added RF_Item to web/bin/floorplan.pl
- David Norwood added support to code/common/rss_subscriber.pl for
individual download directories for each feed.
- David Norwood fixed a bug in code/common/stocks.pl introduced two
releases ago that caused stock alerts to be announced even if the
threshold has not been exceeded.
- David Norwood modified code/common/USB_UIRT_learning.pl to change the
default repeat used for imported codes from 0 to 1.
- David Norwood updated code/common/internet_earthquakes_cal.pl to
include Matthew Williams' statutory vs nautical mile bug fix.
- Brent DeShazer added a parity option for serial ports, defaulting to none.