Player 1.6.3 has been released. Get it from the usual spot:
Questions go the mailing list and bug reports go to the tracker.
Release notes are appended below.
Thanks to everybody who contributed.
Release Name: 1.6.3
This minor release fixes a number of bugs and adds a few features.
The Driver API is unchanged (so Player 1.6.3 is compatible with
Stage 1.6.x and Gazebo 0.5.x).
- librtk dependency removed! The pieces of librtk that are used
by player and playerv are now included in the player distribution
and will be built if you have GTK installed. You do NOT need
to install librtk separately. An analagous change happened in
Stage 1.6, so if you're up to date with P&S, you don't need to
worry about librtk any more.
- simulation: added GET_POSE2D and SET_POSE2D config requests,
which allow the client to read and write the true pose of objects
in simulation. These requests are supported in libplayerc and
the C++ client lib.
- localize: added GET_PARTICLES config request, which allows
the client to retrieve a subset of the current particle set
from amcl. This request is supported in libplayerc and exploited
- fakelocalize: This driver polls a simulation device for 2D
ground truth pose data, then reports this data as if it were
generated by a localization system. This driver is useful for
running software (e.g., playernav, wavefront) that needs a
localize device without incurring the computational cost of
actually running a localization algorithm.
- player can load plugins that are in standard system directories
that dlopen() normally searches (e.g., /usr/local/lib).
- In the C++ client lib, CameraProxy dynamically allocates
its image buffer from the heap, which allows the user to declared
CameraProxy objects on the stack. But 1146443.
- player is linked with libtool, which seems to have fixed the
issues we were having with determining the right linker flags
for different platforms. Bugs 1118987, 1123400.
- vfh/wavefront oscillation behavior fixed. Bug 1149526.
- player can read .cfg files with DOS-style newlines. Bug 1120905.
- libplayerc example program (simple.c) brought up to date.
- A number of fixes and enhancements to camera and blobfinder
drivers, as well as client-side camera support. Patches 1169826,
1124092, 1169831. Thanks to Paul Osmialowski.
- Map drivers fixed to report correct subtype when responding to
GET_MAP_INFO requests. Patch 1192344. Thanks to Radu Bogdan
- Byte-swapping bug fixed in libplayerc blobfinder support. Patch
1192031. Thanks to Paul Osmialowski.
- Joystick driver can provide its position information as 2D
pose data via the 'position' interface. Patch 1152979.
Thanks to Paul Osmialowski.
- C++ CameraProxy can decompress compressed images, via
CameraProxy::Decompress(). Patch 1123985. Thanks to Brad
- SpeechProxy added to C++ client lib. Patches 1179288, 1179284.
Thanks to ceyusa.
- Python bindings to libplayerc can properly control gripper
devices. Patch 1182708. Thanks to Doug Blank.
- sonar and gripper devices added to player/config/gazebo.cfg
example. Patch 1183500. Thanks to anonymous.
- lasercspace driver properly reports range resolution of the
underlying laser. Patch 1170872. Thanks to Sze Kong.
- dio support added to libplayerc. Patch 1166179. Thanks to Will
- Python bindings to libplayerc can access items like the
blobfinder's 32-bit packed color representation. Patch 1158790.
Thanks to Doug Blank.
- simulation support added to libplayerc. Patches 1146026,
1157580. Thanks to Doug Blank.
- Better support for EVID100 cameras added to sonyevid30 driver.
Patch 1146029. Thanks to Brad Tonkes.
Feature requests handled:
- Formats for logfiles are documented (look in the 'writelog'
section of the docs). RFE 1124872.
- Doxygen documentation included in distro. You can build the docs
yourself: cd player-1.6.3 && make doc. RFE 1119522.
- Support for position GET_GEOM request added to C++ PositionProxy.
- Support for visualizing map data added to playerv. RFE 1146436.