Here is a problem that we had with our Codestriker setup. Just thought
I'd document it for posterity...
We have a CVS repository with directory /usr/local/cvsroot, but that is
actually a symlink to /home/cvs/cvsroot. Some folks on our team had
their CVSROOT on their client set to /usr/local/cvsroot, and some had
/home/cvs/cvsroot. This was fine, and everyone's CVS works without a hitch.
However, when we started using Codestriker we noticed that some
developers on our team invariably produced Codestriker topics which did
not display the 'Line X' and 'Parallel' links on the topic display page,
which when clicked bring up a new window with the entire text of the
file being reviewed. Instead of these links, we would just see the
'Line X' text without a link.
Turns out this happens when the CVSROOT in the uploaded CVS diff file
does not match the CVSROOT in the codestriker config. Multiple
repositories can be listed in codestriker.conf, but we are creating
topics upon CVS commits via the patched log_accum.pl script. This
script only has one repository listed, which makes sense as it is
essentially installed in the repository itself.
I could have hacked the log_accum.pl script to put both CVSROOT versions
in there somehow, but in our case it was easier to just make sure
everyone on our team used the same CVSROOT. Now all seems to be working