From: Wayne Scott <wscott@...>
> What is the correct procedure to rebuild the MSYS dll.
> I thought it would be to get in a MSYS shell with the MinGW compiler
> on the path and then run ./configure in the msys/rt subdirectory. But
> that is not working for me.
Well I did some research and found that I was wrong. You don't use
MinGW to build the thing.
From: Earnie Boyd <earnie@......>
Re: compile and debug msys
I found the problems; here are the definitive steps:
1) install msysDTK
2) cd / && tar -zxvf msysDVLPR-1.0.0-alpha-1.tar.gz
3) rm /lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-msys/2.95.3-1/include/winnt.h
4) cd / && tar -zxvf w32api-2.3.tar.gz
5) cd msys/rt && mkdir bld && cd bld
6) ../src/configure --prefix=/usr
P.S.: I will be creating a new msysDVLPR soon.
P.S.S.: I didn't find the need for my suggested cvs co of winsup/w32api.
He is missing step 4.5) "run msys/dvlpr/script/msysdvlpr and continue in new shell."
I used the latest msysDTK and w32api and the same msysDVLPR package.
The DLL built correctly and appears to work.