On 5/18/07, Dieter Engelhardt <Dieter@...> wrote:
> i need help getting started to develop a plugin for squirrel.
> Right now im am developing a Eclipse RPC application whitch parses a
> sql-script and builds a graphical representation as a tree.
> I'm now trying to integrate this into squirrel.
> What would be the best environment within eclipse to develop the plugin.
> Do i need to copy everything in the squirrel-plugin directory, or is it
> posible to have a own project within eclipse.
> How do i start?
1. Checkout the source and create a new Java project in Eclipse rooted
2. Create a new directory under sql12/plugins and copy the
plugin_build.xml from the example plugin.
3. Edit plugin_build.xml, replacing example with the name of your
plugin (short name).
4. Edit build.xml to add your plugin to the compile_plugins target and
be sure to add an entry for your plugin in build.xml.
5. Your plugin source code should live in
Let us know if you have any other questions.